- No. 10 Reds sweep Chariton; clinch SCC It may not have been the prettiest game of the season for the No. 10 (3-A) Centerville Big Reds. But, as head coach Bill Huisman said, his team powered through just enough to pick up the conference-clinching victory.
No. 10 Reds can clinch title tonight
The Centerville Big Reds have put up 13 straight wins in South Central Conference play. They could very well clinch an outright conference title tonight in Chariton.
- Moulton scores come-from-behind win The Moulton-Udell Lady Eagles picked up their fifth win of the year on Tuesday, beating the Seymour Warriorettes 6-5 after claiming two runs in the bottom of the seventh.
- Davis County edges Lady Mohawks After holding an early 5-0 lead on Tuesday, the Moravia Lady Mohawks fell 9-8 against the Davis County Lady Mustangs.
Gheer qualifies for national rodeo
Camy Gheer, freshman at Moravia High School, has qualified for the National High School Finals Rodeo.
Three 7th inning runs give Redettes win
A passed ball would bring home the walk-off run for the Centerville Redettes Tuesday, as they recorded a 4-3 victory over the Davis County Lady Mustangs in South Central Conference softball action.
Huisman runner-up for NCOY
Centerville Big Reds head coach Bill Huisman was the runner-up in the National High School Athletic Coaches Association’s national baseball coach of the year award.
Green, Piche make professional debuts
After being selected in last month’s First-Year Player Draft and signing their first professional contracts on June 19, a pair of former Indian Hills pitchers, Nick Green and Jordan Piche, made their pro debuts just two days apart last month.
- Mohawks shutout ICA The Moravia Mohawks picked up a 5-0 shutout victory over Iowa Christian Academy on Thursday, as they improved their overall record to 7-12.
- 12-0! Centerville baseball on pace for SCC perfection Jake Schroeder knows what it takes to win the South Central Conference baseball title. Last summer, his Chariton Chargers battled to the very end of the season to earn that crown on the way to earning a trip to the State Baseball Tournament.
- Lady Mohawks grab BGC title A 7-4 win over the Seymour Warriorettes on Friday clinched at least a share of the Bluegrass Conference title for the Moravia Lady Mohawks. Moravia will be waiting for Murray to wrap up the last game of their conference schedule to determine if they’ll be the outright champion.
- All-Stars open at home tonight and tomorrow Last year was a fun year for Little League All-Stars from Appanoose County. The 11-12 year old team nearly advanced to regionals, finishing second in the state tournament. The 10-11 year olds hosted the state tournament, where they’d finish second overall.
Redettes beat Chariton in suspended game
The Centerville Redettes softball team finished up a game with the Chariton Lady Chargers that had been suspended in the first inning on June 3.
Lady Mohawks win back-to-back games
The Moravia Lady Mohawks softball squad has won two straight, following a win over Moulton-Udell on Monday and a close win against Murray on Tuesday.
Mohawks fall to Cardinal
The Moravia Mohawks baseball squad fell 5-3 on Wednesday to Cardinal.
- More Sports Headlines