- Reds sweep Ft. Madison As the Centerville Big Reds swept the Ft. Madison Bloodhounds in non-conference action on Friday, long-time Centerville head coach Bill Huisman endured a surprise retirement party to commemorate his final regular season home game as the Big Reds’ hea
- 12-year-olds clinch state berth An undefeated run in District 7 play clinched a state tournament berth for the Appanoose County 11-12 year old all-stars.The state tournament will be held from July 19-26 in Centerville. Appanoose County will hope to capitalize on home field advantag
- Appanoose 10-11 year olds claim district title The 10-11 year old all-star team from Appanoose County claimed the District 7 title on Thursday night at Memorial Park. That title puts them into the Iowa 10-11 year old Little League State Tournament held in Urbandale from July 19-25.Appanoose clinc
- Moravia falls late to No. 5 Wayne Until the top of the seventh inning, it appeared Corydon was on track to become upset city, as the unranked Moravia Mohawks held a 1-0 lead after six innings of play against the No. 5 (1-A) Wayne Lady Falcons in the second round of regional play on Wednesday.
- No. 8 Reds sweep DC, EBF for perfect 19-0 run Back-to-back South Central Conference sweeps on Tuesday and Wednesday gave the Big Reds an undefeated finish to their South Central Conference schedule.
- Redettes fall in first round The Centerville Redettes saw their season come to an end in the first round of regional play against the Clarke Indians.
- Mohawks mow down Mormon Trail in postseason opener The Mohawks used the first at-bat of the postseason to spring ace pitcher Autumn McDanel to a 3-0 lead, a lead that would never be challenged as Moravia needed a little less than an hour to advance in the postseason with a 13-1, four-inning win over the Lady Saints.
- Reds sweep Mustangs to stay perfect The Centerville Big Reds stood just two games away from a perfect season on Tuesday night, after recording a two-game sweep over the Davis County Mustangs.
- No. 10 Reds sweep Chariton; clinch SCC It may not have been the prettiest game of the season for the No. 10 (3-A) Centerville Big Reds. But, as head coach Bill Huisman said, his team powered through just enough to pick up the conference-clinching victory.
No. 10 Reds can clinch title tonight
The Centerville Big Reds have put up 13 straight wins in South Central Conference play. They could very well clinch an outright conference title tonight in Chariton.
- Moulton scores come-from-behind win The Moulton-Udell Lady Eagles picked up their fifth win of the year on Tuesday, beating the Seymour Warriorettes 6-5 after claiming two runs in the bottom of the seventh.
- Davis County edges Lady Mohawks After holding an early 5-0 lead on Tuesday, the Moravia Lady Mohawks fell 9-8 against the Davis County Lady Mustangs.
Gheer qualifies for national rodeo
Camy Gheer, freshman at Moravia High School, has qualified for the National High School Finals Rodeo.
Three 7th inning runs give Redettes win
A passed ball would bring home the walk-off run for the Centerville Redettes Tuesday, as they recorded a 4-3 victory over the Davis County Lady Mustangs in South Central Conference softball action.
Huisman runner-up for NCOY
Centerville Big Reds head coach Bill Huisman was the runner-up in the National High School Athletic Coaches Association’s national baseball coach of the year award.
- More Sports Headlines