- Kauzlarich, Lewis place at AAU State Six Centerville wrestlers competed in the AAU State Wrestling tournament this past weekend at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines with Kayden Kauzlarich and Matthew Lewis finishing second and third respectively.
- Red Thunder end season champions The Centerville fifth grade boys basketball team Red Thunder ended its season with a championship performance at the Clark County Invitational Tournament.
Marshall's Archery results
Week 5 Youth league results Connager Logsdon def. Bradyen Zotz 4-0. Brady Clark, bye. Olivia Thompkins def. Stephen Wardlow 4-0. Mikenzy Thompkins def. Korbyn Carder 3-1. Wyatt Tait def. Sawyer Wardlow 3-1. Team league results Hindley Dental vs Marsh
- Panthers power past Wayne in district semifinals How can a basketball team succeed when three players foul out and one opposing player goes for 30 points? Pekin answered that question quite easily on Tuesday night.
- Reds see season end against Knoxville Panthers The Knoxville Panthers recorded an 82-74 win Monday night in round one of district play, giving the Centerville Big Reds an earlier-then-expected exit out of the district tournament.
- 49 hits lead Falcons to weekend sweep Hot bats led the Indian Hills Falcons to a four-game sweep of North Arkansas College on Friday and Saturday, last week.
- Panthers power past Wayne Despite losing three players to fouls and allowing 30 points to Dillon Lain, the Pekin boys basketball team never trailed and led by as many as 22 points on the way to a 71-60 Class 1A, District 10 semifinal win over the Wayne Falcons on Tuesday night at Lakeview Gymnasium in Centerville.
- Florida moves to No. 1 in AP poll The Florida Gators are taking their turn as the newest No. 1 in what coach Billy Donovan calls a revolving door atop the AP college basketball poll, their first time on top of the rankings since they repeated as national champions in 2007. The Gators
- Centerville native qualifies for nationals DUBUQUE -- Centerville native Meaghan Foster finally qualified for nationals in her last regular-season opportunity at the Dubuque Spartan Invitational Friday. Foster won both the shot put and weight throw events, but her toss of 42-0.75 in the shot
Cochran places seventh at state
Moravia's Briar Cochran left no doubt on the mats Saturday afternoon, recording a 19-3 technical fall to take seventh place at the state tournament.
- Cochran places seventh at state DES MOINES -- Moravia's Briar Cochran was the lone area state qualifier to earn a medal at the 2014 Iowa High School State Wrestling Tournament at Wells Fargo Arena on Saturday. Cochran ended up placing seventh at the tournament, as the sophomore wre
- Seymour falls to Pekin in second round The Seymour Warriors boys' basketball team saw their season end on Thursday in the second round of post-season play, with a loss to Pekin.
Cochran will face No. 1 ranked wrestler tonight
Moravia’s Briar Cochran guaranteed himself a spot on the podium in the Friday afternoon session. However, his tournament road still remains open as he could wrestle up to third place between Friday night and Saturday morning.
Live: State wrestling tournament
Here's the live blog from the state wrestling tournament tracking results for local wrestlers.
Irwin’s tournament road ends with Friday’s losses
Centerville’s Bradley Irwin saw his season come to an abrupt end on Friday, as he fell to two top-10 ranked wrestlers in the second day of the state wrestling tournament.
- More Sports Headlines