- Huisman wraps up successful 38-year career at Centerville Sometime later this summer, Bill Huisman will look back on his 38 seasons as Centerville head baseball coach with a big smile.
- Several named to all-district, all-conference squads Several area athletes were named to all-district teams by the coaching association for their respective sport following the most recent summer sports season.
- Appanoose falls in offensive bout A total of 23 hits were recorded between Sioux City Headid and Appanoose County in the final day of the state tournament on Friday.
Late-game scoring sends Sioux City to regionals
Grandview and Sioux City Headid battled back-and-forth through periodic rain showers Saturday in the state title game.
- No. 7 Reds fall in extra innings In a game with so many of them, perhaps it’s fitting a strikeout started the winning rally.
- Appanoose falls to Boone The Appanoose County All-Stars fell 11-2 to Boone National Wednesday, as their record dropped to 2-3 at the Iowa Little League State Tournament.
- ROUNDUP: Three teams tied for lead at midway point Grandview, Johnston American and Sioux City Headid are in a three-way tie for first place at the Iowa Little League State Tournament, as all teams have played over 50-percent of their pool games.
Reds one win away from state berth
The No. 7 (3-A) Centerville Big Reds are district champions after an 11-1 rout over the Keokuk Chiefs on Monday in five innings.
STATE ROUNDUP: Grandview hits 7 home runs to stay unbeaten
It was a high scoring affair on Monday, but Grandview remained unbeaten with a 3-0 record after defeating Davenport Southeast 19-13.
LL STATE: Appanoose falls to Lucas County
Appanoose County went 8-0 in district play leading to the state tournament. However, Lucas County record a 4-2 victory over Appanoose on Monday in what doubled as each team’s third state tournament game and the district title game.
STATE ROUNDUP: Grandview, Johnston jump to 2-0 start
Grandview and Johnston American are the only teams left undefeated after two days of the Iowa Little League State Baseball Tournament are in the books.
LL STATE: Big day for Steenblock lifts Grandview
Grandview’s Nate Steenblock had two singles and one home run for a combined two RBIs while recording eight strikeouts and allowing just three hits and one earned run in his six innings of work on the mound Sunday.
LL STATE: Sioux City wins offensive duel
A total of 20 runs on 23 hits were recorded in Sunday’s matchup between Sioux City and Lucas County in day two of the Iowa Little League State Tournament.
LL STATE: Johnston’s Stewart helps lift team over Knoxville
Johnston’s Jackson Stewart helped lead his team to their second victory in as many games on Sunday.
LL STATE: Appanoose captures first win
On the second day, Appanoose County claimed their first win of the state tournament, beating a highly talented Davenport Southeast team in a close 3-2 bout.
- More Sports Headlines