- Blozovich, Fullenkamp, Hughes and Becerra take checkers BLOOMFIELD -- On April 19 at the Mountain-Dew Bloomfield Speedway 59 entries checked in for four exciting classes sponsored by Mountain-Dew Kick-Start. The featured class was the Mike's Tire & Alignment Sport Mods racing for $500 to win. In the Kirkl
- Reivers, Falcons still knotted atop ICCAC The Indian Hills Falcons and the Iowa Western Reivers remain tied atop the Iowa Community College Athletic Conference standings following the weekend's action. Both the Falcons and Reivers swept their opponents on Friday and Saturday, as each team im
- Centerville takes second in Albia The Fairfield Trojans shot a better round overall on Tuesday. However, it was Centerville’s Alex Moorman who took the medalist honors at the Albia Invitational.
- Redettes place second at invite The Centerville Redettes finished second out of the seven teams competing at the Redette Invitational at the Manhattan Golf Course on Tuesday.
- Centerville sees six runner-ups at Osky The Centerville Big Reds and Redettes track teams combined for six second-place finishes at the 87th annual Oskaloosa Relays on Saturday.
- Panthers sweep Co-Ed Relays The Mt. Pleasant Panthers boys’ and girls’ track program swept the team races at the Centerville Co-Ed Relays last Thursday.
- Redettes pick up first win in almost two years The Redettes traveled to Mt. Pleasant where they would break a winless streak that lasted one year, 11 months and three days.
- Falcons win series over Muscatine The Indian Hills Falcons picked up another ICCAC series win on Friday and Saturday, besting the Marshalltown Tigers in three out of the four games played at Pat Daugherty Field.
Redettes win three straight
The Centerville Redettes have started the golf season with a three-meet win streak.
- Reds suffer two slim losses The Centerville Big Reds soccer team has suffered two close losses in overtime to start their season.
- IHCC wins in nine-inning slugfest The Indian Hills Falcons scored their 24th win on Wednesday, in a home game that saw a combined 25 runs scored on 28 hits.
- Wayne beats Moravia in dual The Wayne Falcons golf team beat the Moravia Mohawks in a dual meet at The Preserve on Monday.
- Four winners at Dennis Anderson Relays The Wayne Falcons had four events earn gold at Monday’s Class A Dennis Anderson Relays in Bloomfield.
- Big Reds tennis wins opener The Centerville Big Reds netters picked up a 6-3 win over the Mt. Pleasant Panthers to open the season at home on Tuesday.
- England named ICCAC pitcher of the week Centerville native Richard England was named the Iowa Community College Athletic Conference’s pitcher of the week on Tuesday.
- More Sports Headlines