Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
Civil papers processed, 105; traffic stops, 31; traffic control, 1; traffic complaints, 8; motorist assists, 20; accident property damage, 18; weapon violations, 1; intimidation, 1; parking violations, 2; ambulances requested, 13; contempt of court, 2; alarm burglary, 1; suspicious vehicle person, 11; harassment phone, 4; extra patrols requested, 5; fire motor vehicle, 1; animal complaint, 23; trespassing, 1; theft, burglary, 7; criminal mischief, 4; controlled burn, fire, grass 14; drunken driving, 1; civil matters, 1; mental case, 2; drugs, 1; noise complaints, 2; escort, funeral, 2; warrants served, 9; committal, 1; found recovered property, 1; domestic disturbance assaults 5; welfare checks, 1; contacts, 620; total miles patrolled, 6,547; inmates booked into jail, 48; jail population, 20.
12:55 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 560th Street and Iowa Highway 5. Sarah Elizabeth Mattly, 24, of Centerville, driving a 2010 Pontiac south in the 26000 block of Highway 5 when Mattly, in an attempt to avoid a deer in the road, went into the ditch where the vehicle overturned and came to rest on its wheels. Mattly was listed with non-incapacitating injuries. Damage to the Pontiac was estimated at $10,000.
10:43 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 330th Avenue and Iowa Highway 2. Susan Rachelle Martsching, 47, of Moulton, driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook west in the 33000 block of Highway 2 when a deer entered the road and the driver struck the animal. Damage was estimated at $5,000. Martsching was not injured.
12:52 a.m. Matthew Dean Kaster, 46, of Moravia, was charged at 485th Street and Highway T61 with bribery and drunken driving, first offense.
12:41 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 580th Street. Joshua Michael Kerbel, 16, of Centerville, driving a 1998 Dodge Dakota west on 580th Street, lost control and went into the south ditch then rolled onto its top. Kerbel was listed with non-incapaciting injuries and passengers injured included Branson Wayne Bachman, 16, of Numa, with non-incapacitating injuries and Tod Garrett Faris, 17, of Centerville, with non-incapacitating injuries.
Kerbel was cited with failure to have a valid drivers license. Damage to the Dakota was estimated at $3,000. A fence owned by Craig Wentworth Foster was listed with an estimated $300 in damage.
1:43 a.m. Phyllis Jane Keeney, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of East Maple Street with public intoxication. Keeney was released on her own recognizance at 11 a.m.
2:29 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident at Iowa Highway 5 and 555th Street. John Allen Fry, 59, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Ford southbound when he lost control on the snow covered roadway, crossing the center line then going into the east ditch and striking a tree. Fry was not injured. Damage to the Ford was estimated at $4,000.
8:44 p.m. Walter Eugene Bills, 57, of Mystic, was charged at 470th Street and Highway 5 with two counts of possession of controlled substance and driving while barred. He posted bond and was released Feb. 24 at 9:38 a.m.
Sheena Lorrine Sibert, 23, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center by the Appanoose County Sheriff with failure to appear in relation to the felony court case FECR006184.
5:47 p.m. Kristina Lynn Coffman, 35, of Centerville, was charged by the Appanoose County sheriff in the 24000 block of 240th Avenue with reckless driving. Coffman posted bond at 7:40 p.m. and was released. While in custody, Coffman was charged with fifth degree theft.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines