Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
Civil papers processed, 105; traffic stops, 31; traffic control, 1; traffic complaints, 8; motorist assists, 20; accident property damage, 18; weapon violations, 1; intimidation, 1; parking violations, 2; ambulances requested, 13; contempt of court, 2; alarm burglary, 1; suspicious vehicle person, 11; harassment phone, 4; extra patrols requested, 5; fire motor vehicle, 1; animal complaint, 23; trespassing, 1; theft, burglary, 7; criminal mischief, 4; controlled burn, fire, grass 14; drunken driving, 1; civil matters, 1; mental case, 2; drugs, 1; noise complaints, 2; escort, funeral, 2; warrants served, 9; committal, 1; found recovered property, 1; domestic disturbance assaults 5; welfare checks, 1; contacts, 620; total miles patrolled, 6,547; inmates booked into jail, 48; jail population, 20.
12:55 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 560th Street and Iowa Highway 5. Sarah Elizabeth Mattly, 24, of Centerville, driving a 2010 Pontiac south in the 26000 block of Highway 5 when Mattly, in an attempt to avoid a deer in the road, went into the ditch where the vehicle overturned and came to rest on its wheels. Mattly was listed with non-incapacitating injuries. Damage to the Pontiac was estimated at $10,000.
10:43 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 330th Avenue and Iowa Highway 2. Susan Rachelle Martsching, 47, of Moulton, driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook west in the 33000 block of Highway 2 when a deer entered the road and the driver struck the animal. Damage was estimated at $5,000. Martsching was not injured.
12:52 a.m. Matthew Dean Kaster, 46, of Moravia, was charged at 485th Street and Highway T61 with bribery and drunken driving, first offense.
12:41 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 580th Street. Joshua Michael Kerbel, 16, of Centerville, driving a 1998 Dodge Dakota west on 580th Street, lost control and went into the south ditch then rolled onto its top. Kerbel was listed with non-incapaciting injuries and passengers injured included Branson Wayne Bachman, 16, of Numa, with non-incapacitating injuries and Tod Garrett Faris, 17, of Centerville, with non-incapacitating injuries.
Kerbel was cited with failure to have a valid drivers license. Damage to the Dakota was estimated at $3,000. A fence owned by Craig Wentworth Foster was listed with an estimated $300 in damage.
1:43 a.m. Phyllis Jane Keeney, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of East Maple Street with public intoxication. Keeney was released on her own recognizance at 11 a.m.
2:29 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident at Iowa Highway 5 and 555th Street. John Allen Fry, 59, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Ford southbound when he lost control on the snow covered roadway, crossing the center line then going into the east ditch and striking a tree. Fry was not injured. Damage to the Ford was estimated at $4,000.
8:44 p.m. Walter Eugene Bills, 57, of Mystic, was charged at 470th Street and Highway 5 with two counts of possession of controlled substance and driving while barred. He posted bond and was released Feb. 24 at 9:38 a.m.
Sheena Lorrine Sibert, 23, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center by the Appanoose County Sheriff with failure to appear in relation to the felony court case FECR006184.
5:47 p.m. Kristina Lynn Coffman, 35, of Centerville, was charged by the Appanoose County sheriff in the 24000 block of 240th Avenue with reckless driving. Coffman posted bond at 7:40 p.m. and was released. While in custody, Coffman was charged with fifth degree theft.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines