Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
Civil papers processed, 105; traffic stops, 31; traffic control, 1; traffic complaints, 8; motorist assists, 20; accident property damage, 18; weapon violations, 1; intimidation, 1; parking violations, 2; ambulances requested, 13; contempt of court, 2; alarm burglary, 1; suspicious vehicle person, 11; harassment phone, 4; extra patrols requested, 5; fire motor vehicle, 1; animal complaint, 23; trespassing, 1; theft, burglary, 7; criminal mischief, 4; controlled burn, fire, grass 14; drunken driving, 1; civil matters, 1; mental case, 2; drugs, 1; noise complaints, 2; escort, funeral, 2; warrants served, 9; committal, 1; found recovered property, 1; domestic disturbance assaults 5; welfare checks, 1; contacts, 620; total miles patrolled, 6,547; inmates booked into jail, 48; jail population, 20.
12:55 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 560th Street and Iowa Highway 5. Sarah Elizabeth Mattly, 24, of Centerville, driving a 2010 Pontiac south in the 26000 block of Highway 5 when Mattly, in an attempt to avoid a deer in the road, went into the ditch where the vehicle overturned and came to rest on its wheels. Mattly was listed with non-incapacitating injuries. Damage to the Pontiac was estimated at $10,000.
10:43 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 330th Avenue and Iowa Highway 2. Susan Rachelle Martsching, 47, of Moulton, driving a 2008 Saturn Outlook west in the 33000 block of Highway 2 when a deer entered the road and the driver struck the animal. Damage was estimated at $5,000. Martsching was not injured.
12:52 a.m. Matthew Dean Kaster, 46, of Moravia, was charged at 485th Street and Highway T61 with bribery and drunken driving, first offense.
12:41 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident near 580th Street. Joshua Michael Kerbel, 16, of Centerville, driving a 1998 Dodge Dakota west on 580th Street, lost control and went into the south ditch then rolled onto its top. Kerbel was listed with non-incapaciting injuries and passengers injured included Branson Wayne Bachman, 16, of Numa, with non-incapacitating injuries and Tod Garrett Faris, 17, of Centerville, with non-incapacitating injuries.
Kerbel was cited with failure to have a valid drivers license. Damage to the Dakota was estimated at $3,000. A fence owned by Craig Wentworth Foster was listed with an estimated $300 in damage.
1:43 a.m. Phyllis Jane Keeney, 50, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of East Maple Street with public intoxication. Keeney was released on her own recognizance at 11 a.m.
2:29 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident at Iowa Highway 5 and 555th Street. John Allen Fry, 59, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Ford southbound when he lost control on the snow covered roadway, crossing the center line then going into the east ditch and striking a tree. Fry was not injured. Damage to the Ford was estimated at $4,000.
8:44 p.m. Walter Eugene Bills, 57, of Mystic, was charged at 470th Street and Highway 5 with two counts of possession of controlled substance and driving while barred. He posted bond and was released Feb. 24 at 9:38 a.m.
Sheena Lorrine Sibert, 23, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center by the Appanoose County Sheriff with failure to appear in relation to the felony court case FECR006184.
5:47 p.m. Kristina Lynn Coffman, 35, of Centerville, was charged by the Appanoose County sheriff in the 24000 block of 240th Avenue with reckless driving. Coffman posted bond at 7:40 p.m. and was released. While in custody, Coffman was charged with fifth degree theft.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
Appanoose County Sheriff’s office activity report Feb. 11-March 1
- Mystic CIty Council and Appanoose County Board of Supervisors agendas Mystic City Council The Mystic City Council will hold a meeting Thursday, April 17 at 4:30 p.m. Items on the agenda include motion to approve agenda, discuss placing an ad in the paper for a temporary employee to work on the Ordinance Book, discuss m
- Centerville Police 04/16/14 April 7 6:21 a.m. Donna Jean Drummond, 50, of Moulton, was driving a 2005 Pontiac Sunfire and made a left turn at Dewy Road and Industrial Road in front of a 2012 Honda motorcycle driven by Anthony Michael John Hogg, 18, of Exline. Hogg's motorcycle
- Land Transfers 04/15/14 Wanda Pescador conveyed to Destiny B. Christianson and Kenny L. Christianson Jr. land in Plano March 28. ARA May Iowa LLC conveyed to Iowa National Heritage Foundation land in Sharon and Caldwell townships March 28. Ronnie J. Ballanger and Susanne M.
- Marriages Megan Renee Tait, 28, to Ivan Paul Vanderlinden, 22, both of Centerville April 1. Anna Frances Smith, 37, to Richard Eugene Jennings, 31, both of Exline April 1. Christopher Glenn Mark Cooprider, 26, to Erica Lynn Herber, 23, both of Centerville Apri
- Land Transfers Wanda Pescador conveyed to Destiny B. Christianson and Kenny L. Christianson Jr. land in Plano March 28. ARA May Iowa LLC conveyed to Iowa National Heritage Foundation land in Sharon and Caldwell townships March 28. Ronnie J. Ballanger and Susanne M.
- Centerville Fire Department meeting Fire Department A public meeting for comments will be held Monday, April 21 at 5:30 p.m. at Centerville City Hall to review the Centerville Fire Department's plan to file an application for federal assistance for the purchase of rescue equipment with
- Appanoose County Sheriff 04/10/14 April 7 5:39 p.m. Mei Ling Wong, 21, of Centerville, was driving a 2009 Chevrolet Aveo northbound on 296th Avenue and lost control of the vehicle after crossing the railroad tracks. The vehicle entered the east ditch, over corrected and rolled over
- Centerville Police 04/10/14 April 6 10:56 a.m. Malinda Sue Buckley, 18, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of South Main Street with domestic assault causing bodily injury. She was later released on her own recognizance. April 7 3:18 p.m. Everette William Harper, 33,
- Agendas for Centerville City Council, Mystic City Council and Cincinnati City Council Centerville City Council The Centerville City Council will meet tonight at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. Items on the agenda include approval of agenda, second reading to Ord. No. 1306 - electric franchise fee agreement, second reading of Ord. No. 1307 -
- Agendas for Centerville School Board and Cincinnati City Council Centerville School Board The Centerville School Board will meet tonight at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building. Items on the agenda include approving agenda, a probable closed session as required in Chapter 21.5 (l) (i and a) "To review or discuss
- Meeting agenda for M-U School Board, Appanoose County Service Agency and Mystic City Council Moulton-Udell School Board The Moulton-Udell School Board will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. in the Moulton-Udell High School library. Items on the agenda include a budget hearing to be followed by a special board meeting. The agenda for the budget hear
- Centerville Police Department March 17 12:06 p.m. An accident was reported in the 800 block of South 12th Street. Kaitlyn Beth Ahnen, 17, of Moulton, was driving a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix northbound on South 12th Street when Michael Lee Matkovich, 17, of Centerville, driving a 19
- Appanoose County Sheriff's Office March 31 1:39 p.m. Kenneth Patrick Roberts, 33, of Moravia, was charged at the Centerville Law Center with sex offender registry process. He posted bond and was released. April 3 1:09 a.m. Nick Aaron Lee, 27, of Ottumwa, was charged at the Centervill
- Mystic CIty Council agenda for 04/10/14 Mystic City Council The Mystic City Council will meet Thursday, April 10 at 6 p.m. Items on the agenda include consider motion to approve agenda, consider motion to approve March minutes, consider motion to approve March expenses, consider motion to
- Centerville City Council agenda for 04/02/14 CentervilleCity Council The Centerville City Council will hold a special meeting tonight at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall. Items on the agenda include a work session to discuss rental permit fees, donation policy, housing units on the Square anad State and
- More Records Headlines