Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity report Dec. 21-Jan. 2
Civil papers processed 34; control burn 4; theft/burglary 7; traffic hazard, 1; child neglect 1; traffic accidents 3; hunting call 3; motorist assist 15; trespassing 2; fire grass 1; vacation check 1; lost missing person 1; accident/property/damage 3; accident personal injury 2; assault/domestic 2; accident/property/damage 4; fraud 1; criminal mischief 6; ambulance requests 12; suspicious person vehicle 3; animal complaint 8; weapon violation, 1; traffic complaint, 1; harassment, 1; disturbance, 1; traffic stop, 16; extra patrol requested 1; contacts 270; total miles patrolled 3,512; inmates booked into jail 29; jail population 11.
3:34 p.m. Bobby Junior Brinkley, 48, of Moulton, driving a 2006 Chevy Silverado northbound on 230th Avenue lost control on the snow covered road. The damage was estimated at $4,000.
5:59 p.m. Jeffrey Andrew Baylor, 51, of Albia, was arrested in the 800 block of West North Street with simple assault and third degree burglary.
4:15 p.m. Roger Lee McMunn, 36, of Centerville was arrested in the 400 block of South 16th Street with two counts of failure to appear.
6:39 p.m. Ivan Paul Vanderlinden, 21, of Numa, driving a 2001 Ford Explorer southwest bound on 155th Avenue when he crossed the center line and struck an Amish horse buggy driven by Andrew Shrock, 18, of Cincinnati and owned by John Shrock. The impact was fatal to the horse. Two occupants in the buggy were ejected but listed as OK. The roadway had patches of ice and snow and its unknown if the buggy had a light on. The damage was estimated at $3,500 to the Vanderlinden vehicle and $500 to the Shrock's buggy. Vanderlinden was cited for failure to maintain control.
10 a.m. Stephanie Ann Burke, 34, of Centerville, driving a 2006 Chevy Silverado eastbound up a hill on 450th Street lost control on the snow covered road. The vehicle left the roadway and struck an embankment of trees and shrubs. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
10:39 p.m. Cody Allen Enloe, 22, of Centerville was arrested at the Law Center with public intoxication.
11:34 p.m. Jeffrey Allen Comegys, 20, of Melrose was arrested at the Law Center with revocation of pre-trial release.
6:38 p.m. Ashley Linn Rhiner-Gilliam, 25, of Melrose, driving a 2000 Dodge Dakota westbound in the 16000 block of Highway J18 struck a deer in the roadway. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
7:49 p.m. Cody Allen Barber, 26 of Moulton was arrested in the 500 block of West Van Buren Street with trafficking stolen weapons and forgery.
Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity report Dec. 21-Jan. 2
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines