Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity report Dec. 21-Jan. 2
Civil papers processed 34; control burn 4; theft/burglary 7; traffic hazard, 1; child neglect 1; traffic accidents 3; hunting call 3; motorist assist 15; trespassing 2; fire grass 1; vacation check 1; lost missing person 1; accident/property/damage 3; accident personal injury 2; assault/domestic 2; accident/property/damage 4; fraud 1; criminal mischief 6; ambulance requests 12; suspicious person vehicle 3; animal complaint 8; weapon violation, 1; traffic complaint, 1; harassment, 1; disturbance, 1; traffic stop, 16; extra patrol requested 1; contacts 270; total miles patrolled 3,512; inmates booked into jail 29; jail population 11.
3:34 p.m. Bobby Junior Brinkley, 48, of Moulton, driving a 2006 Chevy Silverado northbound on 230th Avenue lost control on the snow covered road. The damage was estimated at $4,000.
5:59 p.m. Jeffrey Andrew Baylor, 51, of Albia, was arrested in the 800 block of West North Street with simple assault and third degree burglary.
4:15 p.m. Roger Lee McMunn, 36, of Centerville was arrested in the 400 block of South 16th Street with two counts of failure to appear.
6:39 p.m. Ivan Paul Vanderlinden, 21, of Numa, driving a 2001 Ford Explorer southwest bound on 155th Avenue when he crossed the center line and struck an Amish horse buggy driven by Andrew Shrock, 18, of Cincinnati and owned by John Shrock. The impact was fatal to the horse. Two occupants in the buggy were ejected but listed as OK. The roadway had patches of ice and snow and its unknown if the buggy had a light on. The damage was estimated at $3,500 to the Vanderlinden vehicle and $500 to the Shrock's buggy. Vanderlinden was cited for failure to maintain control.
10 a.m. Stephanie Ann Burke, 34, of Centerville, driving a 2006 Chevy Silverado eastbound up a hill on 450th Street lost control on the snow covered road. The vehicle left the roadway and struck an embankment of trees and shrubs. Damage was estimated at $2,000.
10:39 p.m. Cody Allen Enloe, 22, of Centerville was arrested at the Law Center with public intoxication.
11:34 p.m. Jeffrey Allen Comegys, 20, of Melrose was arrested at the Law Center with revocation of pre-trial release.
6:38 p.m. Ashley Linn Rhiner-Gilliam, 25, of Melrose, driving a 2000 Dodge Dakota westbound in the 16000 block of Highway J18 struck a deer in the roadway. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
7:49 p.m. Cody Allen Barber, 26 of Moulton was arrested in the 500 block of West Van Buren Street with trafficking stolen weapons and forgery.
Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity report Dec. 21-Jan. 2
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines