WAYNE COUNTY —
Cody Hackney, of Allerton, reported that someone had entered his residence Saturday evening and had vandalized the side of the house and taken several items. Value of the damaged and missing items was not listed.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Dean Arnold, 34, of Russell, on Wayne County warrants for third degree criminal mischief, eluding and reckless driving. The charges were in connection with an incident in Benton Township on Aug. 17. Arnold appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately two miles north of Allerton. A 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Bailey Lynn Andrews, 14, Allerton, was northbound on S26 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the west ditch, rolled, an struck a tree. Andrews was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by Wayne County Ambulance. Damage to the car was estimated at $10,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Jennifer Lynn Fain, 38, Corydon, on a charge of domestic abuse assault following an incident at a residence on North West Street in Corydon. Fain appeared before magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond on Aug. 27.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury traffic accident approximately one mile north of Corydon. A 2003 Ford Ranger driven by Henry William Hefner, 42, of Corydon was northbound on Highway 2 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the ditch, rolled at least once, and came to rest on its wheels. The driver was transported by Wayne County Ambulance to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to Hefner's truck was estimated at $10,000. Investigation into the accident is continuing.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Promise City. A 2002 Cadillac Deville driven by Michelle Lynn Dooley, 40, of Promise City, was eastbound on Highway 2 when she slowed to make a left turn onto 240th Street and was struck in the rear by a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Amber Lynn Cassady, 38, of Centerville. Damage to Dooley's car was estimated at $10,000 and to Cassady's at $1,000. Dooley was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by the Wayne County Ambulance. Cassady was issued a citation for failure to stop within an assured clear distance.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines