WAYNE COUNTY —
Cody Hackney, of Allerton, reported that someone had entered his residence Saturday evening and had vandalized the side of the house and taken several items. Value of the damaged and missing items was not listed.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Chad Dean Arnold, 34, of Russell, on Wayne County warrants for third degree criminal mischief, eluding and reckless driving. The charges were in connection with an incident in Benton Township on Aug. 17. Arnold appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident approximately two miles north of Allerton. A 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer driven by Bailey Lynn Andrews, 14, Allerton, was northbound on S26 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the west ditch, rolled, an struck a tree. Andrews was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by Wayne County Ambulance. Damage to the car was estimated at $10,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Jennifer Lynn Fain, 38, Corydon, on a charge of domestic abuse assault following an incident at a residence on North West Street in Corydon. Fain appeared before magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond on Aug. 27.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury traffic accident approximately one mile north of Corydon. A 2003 Ford Ranger driven by Henry William Hefner, 42, of Corydon was northbound on Highway 2 when the driver lost control and the vehicle went into the ditch, rolled at least once, and came to rest on its wheels. The driver was transported by Wayne County Ambulance to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to Hefner's truck was estimated at $10,000. Investigation into the accident is continuing.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident east of Promise City. A 2002 Cadillac Deville driven by Michelle Lynn Dooley, 40, of Promise City, was eastbound on Highway 2 when she slowed to make a left turn onto 240th Street and was struck in the rear by a 2006 Volkswagen Jetta driven by Amber Lynn Cassady, 38, of Centerville. Damage to Dooley's car was estimated at $10,000 and to Cassady's at $1,000. Dooley was transported to the Wayne County Hospital by the Wayne County Ambulance. Cassady was issued a citation for failure to stop within an assured clear distance.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Exline City Council Aug. 5 agenda Exline City CouncilThe Exline City Council will meet Tuesday, Aug. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Exline Community Center.Items on the agenda include approval of agenda, approval of minutes from last meeting, financial reports and approval of bills, Cook Insuranc
- Centerville Police June 21-July 2 June 213:14 p.m. Anna Marie Scott, 32, of Centerville, was charged in the 1400 block of South 18th Street with fifth degree theft.8:58 p.m. Sarah Michelle Strickler, 21, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of West Madison Street with having
- Appanoose County Sheriff reports June 13-July 3 June 132:31 p.m. Russell Kirby Davis, 55, of Moulton, was driving a 2005 Peterbilt south on 200th Avenue and had left the L&W Quarry with a load of rock in a dump trailer. Treye Dewight Rinehart, 15, of Mystic, was driving a 2001 Jeep Cherokee south
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 28, 1929: Feelings between coal owners and the county’s miners were about to explode. Complicating the situation,the miners were divided between two unions. The United Mineworkers of America was led by a
- Agendas for Cincinnati City Council and Moravia City Council Cincinnati City CouncilThe Cincinnati City Council will hold a special meeting Monday, Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center.Items on the agenda include communications and announcements, approval of agenda with any additions, hold interview
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 27, 1943: With North Africa secured, Centerville’s Company G, as part of the 34th “Red Bull” Division was at Bizerte, fueling the B-17’s and B-24’s on their way to bomb Naples and the outskirts of Rome Th
- No Headline Provided Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsThe Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, Aug. 4 at 9 a.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse.Items on the agenda include approving July 14 meetings minutes, approving liquor license, approving c
- Correction Friday’s Daily Iowegian story, “County attorney requests an assistant,” contains inaccurate information regarding the school district surtax. The surtax is applied to the amount of state income taxes paid and not to the amount of income earned.
- Land Transfers published 07/22/14 Dustie Argenta conveyed to Tracy L. Page and Robin Page land in Moravia July 11.Flint Wahl and Carla Wahl conveyed to GG Properties LLC land in Centerville July 11.Douglas C. Coakley and Lori A. Coakley conveyed to Glen A. Miller and Rickhi Soroya Mi
- Cincinnati City Council agenda for 07/21/14
- Land transfers Cheryl A. Green conveyed to herself land in Chariton Township June 26.Cheryl A. Green conveyed to Jonathon Printy land in Chariton Township June 26.Kae L. Morgan conveyed to herself land in Centerville June 26.Kae L. Morgan and Steve Morgan conveyed
- Centerville Police June 14-22, 2014 June 148:49 p.m. Karen Ann Luscan, 72, of Centerville, was driving a 2014 Cadillac XTS on North 13th Street when her vehicle, which had the right of way, was backed into by a 2010 Ford Fusion driven by Alisha Nicole Baker, 25, of Marion. Damage to Lu
- Agendas published 07/17/14 Centerville City CouncilThe Centerville City Council will have a special meeting Thursday, July 17 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.Items on the agenda include second reading of Ord. No. 1308 — amending Chapter 11.40 prohibit soliciting funds in city street
- Centerville Police published 07/14/14 June 119:28 a.m. Ashley Rae Elizabeth Jackson, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fifth degree theft.6:30 p.m. Jerrico Jerem Chapman, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of East Franklin Stree
- Appanoose County Board of Supervisors agenda for July 17 Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsAppanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Thursday, July 17 at l:30 p.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse with Matthew Haden.
- More Records Headlines