WAYNE COUNTY —
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a one-vehicle accident approximately one mile north of Cambria. A 2004 Chevrolet Silverado owned by Richard Morr, of Chariton, was found on its top on Highway J22 as the road curved to the south. The truck was unoccupied when the deputy arrived. After further investigation, it was determined that the driver has been James Keith Schumann, 50, of Corydon. The truck had been eastbound on Highway J22 when the driver failed to negotiate the curve, went off the roadway and flipped over onto its top. Damage to Morr's truck was estimated at $15,000. Assisting at the scene were the Humeston First Responders, Humeston Fire Department, Wayne County Ambulance and Corydon Police. Investigation regarding the accident s continuing.
Seymour Police arrested Dale Chester Bennett, 58, of Allerton, on a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court. The charge was in connection with a domestic abuse assault charge in 2007. Bennett appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of bond.
Sandra Sue Bennett, 46, of Allerton, turned herself in to the Wayne County Sheriff's Office to face a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court for several non-sufficient fund checks written in 2007. Bennett appeared before the magistrate later in the day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of bond.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Centerville School Board, Area Agency on Aging, Appanoose County Service Agency and RASWC agendas Centerville School Board The Centerville School Board will hold a work session tonight at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Items on the agenda for the work session include a presentation from Iowa Asso
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- More Records Headlines