9:03 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 600 block of West Van Buren Street. Eight tires were slashed on two vehicles. Damage was estimated at $807.
12:43 a.m. A 17 year old female juvenile was charged at 18th Street and East O'Neal with possession of alcohol under age. At the same time and place a 17 year old male juvenile was charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of alcohol under age.
11:44 a.m. Theft was reported in the 100 block of West Cottage Street. A girls Next bike was taken. Value was estimate at $100.
9:52 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 700 block of West Washington Street. Items were reported damaged and taken from inside the residence. Estimated value was listed at $1,595.
11:44 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North 18th Street. Laundry soap valued at $11.76 was taken.
10:43 a.m. A 15 year old female juvenile was picked up in the 100 block of West Van Buren Street after being listed as runaway.
3:39 p.m. Alexis Nikas, of Centerville, driving a 1999 Toyota, owned by Thomas Nikas was stopped at a stop sign. Janet Garrison, of Centerville, driving a 2008 Mercury was northbound on Drake Avenue. The Nikas vehicle failed to yield to the right of way and collided with the Garrison vehicle. Damage to the Nikas vehicle was estimated at $1500. The damage to the Garretson vehicle was estimated at $2500. Nikas was cited for failure to maintain control.
6:13 p.m. Marla Force Harding, 45, of Centerville was charged in the 300 block of North 15th Street with simple domestic assault.
8:57 p.m. Scott Carter Wells, 41, of Centerville was charged in the 800 block of East State Street with revocation of pre-trial release.
4:29 p.m. A keyed padlock was cut from a moneybox and $10 was reported taken in the 500 block of West Cottage. Robert Wayne Brewer, 35, of Centerville, Rhonda Lacene Foster, 42, of Centerville and Autumn Lacene Hall, 22, of Cincinnati, were charged with theft and fifth degree criminal mischief.
4:55 p.m. Murphy Dawn Hayes, 22, of Moulton, was charged at the Law Center with probation violation.
7:10 p.m. Donald Ervin Schramm III, 42, of Centerville was charged in the 400 block of East State Street with failure to appear.
3:22 p.m. Randall Scott Foster, 45, of Centerville was charged in the 800 block of South 16th Street with failure to appear.
4:44 p.m. Christopher Glenn Cooprider, 25, of Centerville was charged in the 500 block of North Park Avenue with simple domestic assault and child endangerment.
2:14 p.m. Cortney Nicole Garrison, 26, of Seymour was charged in the 1000 block of North 18th Street with second degree theft.
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines