The Centerville Police Department reported an accident on the west side of the Square. Gene Stansberry, of Centerville, driving a 2006 Chevrolet Malibu north on the Square in the 200 block of North 12th Street, when Elizabeth Burgin, of Numa, driving a 2004 Oldsmobile Alero, began to back out, did not see Stansberry and collided with his front bumper. No charges and no injuries were reported. Damage to the Malibu was estimated at $1,500. Damage to the Alero was estimated at $0.
The Centerville Police Department reported an accident at Highway 2 and Maple Street. Charles Coffman, of Centerville, driving a 2012 Cadillac SRX, was following a semi when it made a legal right hand turn on a red light. Coffman admitted he ran the red light after the semi turned due to the fact that he believed he now had a green light. Kelli Klum-Waybill, of Centerville, driving a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu, was legally proceeding through the intersection when her vehicle was struck in the driver side door by Coffman. No injuries were reported. Coffman was cited with failure to respond to steady red signal. Damage to the Cadillac was estimated at $5,000. Damage to the Malibu was estimated at $5,000.
Randy Johnson, of Centerville, in the 200 block of South 15th Street, driving a 1996 International was passing a legally parked vehicle when the right rear bumper collided with the left corner of a parked 2000 Chrysler Cirrus owned by James Burgin. The Cirrus sustained an estimated $3,000 and the International none. No injuries were reported and no charges were filed.
6:38 p.m. Carletta Mae Hysell, 52, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of West Washington Street with forgery and fifth degree theft. Hysell was released on her own recognizance at 8:46 p.m.
11:07 p.m. Rodney Eugene Campbell, 28, of Centerville, was charged with drunken driving, third offense, driving while barred, habitual offender, interference with official acts and open container in the motor vehicle in the 400 block of North Haynes Avenue.
11:11 p.m. Jacob Daniel Johnson, 28, was charged in the 400 block of North Haynes Avenue with public intoxication.
11:26 p.m. Shelby Anne Walker, 21, of Seymour, was charged in the 400 block of Haynes Avenue with drunken driving, first offense, interference with official acts and open container by passenger.
2:11 p.m. Richard Brian Mason, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 1000 block of Highway 2 west with public intoxication.
12:01 a.m. Dustin Jeffrey Dickerson, 31, of Centerville, was charged in the 800 block of West Garfield Street with drunken driving, first offense, eluding law enforcement vehicles and interference with official acts.
2:01 a.m. Donald Ervin Schramm, III, 42 and Amanda Marie Schramm, 24, both of Centerville, were charged in the 400 block of East State Street with violation of a no contact order.
9:55 a.m. Paul James Hayes, 63, of Centerville, was charged in the 400 block of East Van Buren Street with out of county warrant in connected to criminal case AGIN 019687. He was transferred the same day at 1:08 p.m.
Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines