Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
Civil papers processed, 24; animal complaints, 6; motorist assists, 12; traffic stops, 12; traffic complaints, 1; domestic, disturbances, 2; fire, grass, 3; fireworks complaint, 2; accidents, property damage, 2; civil matters, 5; criminal mischief, 2; traffic complaints, 10; ambulances requested, 8; accidents, personal injury, 3; medical, no ambulance, 1; fireworks complaints, 2; drugs, 2; suspicious, person, vehicle, 7; liquor law violations, 2; theft, motor vehicle, 3; extra patrols requested, 1; theft, 1; assaults, 2; litter complaints, 1; SOR, 1; contacts, 326; total miles patrolled, 4,083; inmates booked into jail, 15; jail population, 19.
6:54 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident on 150th Avenue. Trey Sullivan McMurry, 19, of Allerton, driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix north in the 14300 block of 150th Avenue lost control and missed the corner. McMurry said he had drank a couple of beers after the accident and a breath test showed a .02 result. McMurry was charged with failure to maintain control and persons under legal age. McMurry sustained possible injuries. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $6,000. A fence owned by Keith Lain, of Mystic, sustained $200 in damage. Brittney Rikel Rogers, 19, of Centerville, was transported by private vehicle to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries.
8:41 p.m. Timothy John Hatfield, 25, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with second degree criminal mischief and fifth degree theft.
8:28 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road. Roger Lee McMunn, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer east in the 23000 block of Dewey Road swerved to miss a deer standing on the edge of the road, lost control and entered the south ditch. McMunn told law enforcement his fiance was driving the vehicle and was given a ride to the hospital by his aunt. Witnesses at the scene stated they noticed a male exiting the vehicle and he was the only one around. Amy Reinikainen arrived at the scene approximately 20 minutes later and said McMunn left her house in the SUV alone after they had an argument. She said she had not given him permission to take the vehicle. McMunn was transported to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries. He was charged with failure to maintain control, driving while suspended and false reports or communications with law enforcement. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000. A fence owned by Kerry Lane Morlan sustained $200 in damage.
10:37 p.m. Amanda Lynn White, 33, of Centerville, was charged at East Grant Street and North Shamrock Lane with second degree theft, motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of prescription drugs. She was later released July 1 on her own recognizance.
3:11 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 24, of Centerville, was charged in the 1600 block of South 23rd Street with first degree harassment. He was later released on his own recognizance a short time later.
11:50 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single car accident at Highway 5 and J29. Eric Justin Doll, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2007 Pontiac south on Highway 5 struck a deer that had entered the roadway. No injuries were reported and no charges were filed.
6:22 p.m. Timothy Michael Vanderecken, 44, of Exline, was charged at the Law Center with simple assault. He was released a short time later on his own recognizance.
4:56 a.m. Darrell Edward Elm Cosgrove, 27, of Ottumwa, was charged at the Law Center with failure to appear.
Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines