Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
Civil papers processed, 24; animal complaints, 6; motorist assists, 12; traffic stops, 12; traffic complaints, 1; domestic, disturbances, 2; fire, grass, 3; fireworks complaint, 2; accidents, property damage, 2; civil matters, 5; criminal mischief, 2; traffic complaints, 10; ambulances requested, 8; accidents, personal injury, 3; medical, no ambulance, 1; fireworks complaints, 2; drugs, 2; suspicious, person, vehicle, 7; liquor law violations, 2; theft, motor vehicle, 3; extra patrols requested, 1; theft, 1; assaults, 2; litter complaints, 1; SOR, 1; contacts, 326; total miles patrolled, 4,083; inmates booked into jail, 15; jail population, 19.
6:54 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident on 150th Avenue. Trey Sullivan McMurry, 19, of Allerton, driving a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix north in the 14300 block of 150th Avenue lost control and missed the corner. McMurry said he had drank a couple of beers after the accident and a breath test showed a .02 result. McMurry was charged with failure to maintain control and persons under legal age. McMurry sustained possible injuries. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $6,000. A fence owned by Keith Lain, of Mystic, sustained $200 in damage. Brittney Rikel Rogers, 19, of Centerville, was transported by private vehicle to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries.
8:41 p.m. Timothy John Hatfield, 25, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with second degree criminal mischief and fifth degree theft.
8:28 p.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single-vehicle accident at 230th Avenue and Dewey Road. Roger Lee McMunn, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer east in the 23000 block of Dewey Road swerved to miss a deer standing on the edge of the road, lost control and entered the south ditch. McMunn told law enforcement his fiance was driving the vehicle and was given a ride to the hospital by his aunt. Witnesses at the scene stated they noticed a male exiting the vehicle and he was the only one around. Amy Reinikainen arrived at the scene approximately 20 minutes later and said McMunn left her house in the SUV alone after they had an argument. She said she had not given him permission to take the vehicle. McMunn was transported to Mercy Medical Center with possible injuries. He was charged with failure to maintain control, driving while suspended and false reports or communications with law enforcement. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $4,000. A fence owned by Kerry Lane Morlan sustained $200 in damage.
10:37 p.m. Amanda Lynn White, 33, of Centerville, was charged at East Grant Street and North Shamrock Lane with second degree theft, motor vehicle, possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of prescription drugs. She was later released July 1 on her own recognizance.
3:11 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 24, of Centerville, was charged in the 1600 block of South 23rd Street with first degree harassment. He was later released on his own recognizance a short time later.
11:50 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported a single car accident at Highway 5 and J29. Eric Justin Doll, 35, of Centerville, driving a 2007 Pontiac south on Highway 5 struck a deer that had entered the roadway. No injuries were reported and no charges were filed.
6:22 p.m. Timothy Michael Vanderecken, 44, of Exline, was charged at the Law Center with simple assault. He was released a short time later on his own recognizance.
4:56 a.m. Darrell Edward Elm Cosgrove, 27, of Ottumwa, was charged at the Law Center with failure to appear.
Appanoose County Sheriff's Department activity log June 29-July 6
- Board of Supervisors agenda 3/12/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 17 at 9 a.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include approve minutes of the March 3 meeting, approve union contract, Udell
- Centerville Police 3/12/14 March 5 11:49 a.m. Janice Marie Kleinau, 42, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Stewart Street with simple assault. She was later released on her own recognizance. 2 p.m. Shawn Russell Maxson, 30, of Centerville, had his pre-trial r
- Centerville School Board, Area Agency on Aging, Appanoose County Service Agency and RASWC agendas Centerville School Board The Centerville School Board will hold a work session tonight at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Items on the agenda for the work session include a presentation from Iowa Asso
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- More Records Headlines