10:45 p.m. Theft of a motor vehicle was reported in the 600 block of West Maple Street. The victim reported a 1994 Chevrolet valued at $800 had been stolen. The vehicle was later recovered burnt in Appanoose County.
9:38 p.m. Elizabeth Jean Bradley, 57, of Centerville, and Andrae Parker, Jr., 19, of Centerville, were each charged in the 200 block of North 12th Street with disorderly conduct.
12:13 p.m. Raven Hogg, of Moulton, was driving a 2004 Chevrolet eastbound on Haynes Avenue and was turning left onto 18th Street when her vehicle struck a 2006 Honda driven by George Bradley of Centerville that was going straight through the intersection. Damage to Hogg's vehicle was estimated at $3,500. Damage to Bradley's vehicle was estimated at $2,500. Hogg was charged with failure to yield upon making a left turn.
6:54 p.m. Burglary was reported at 20th and Stewart streets. The victim reported that a fishing pole, tackle box, Xbox games, Playstation two games, a Playstation two and DVDs valued at $1,341 were stolen.
6:54 p.m. Burglary was reported at 20th and Stewart streets. The victim reported that a stereo and speakers, chest, True Blood movie series, House of Night book series and vampire books valued at $695 were stolen.
12:29 p.m. Christopher Glenn Cooprider, 25, of Centerville, was charged in the 700 block of West Van Buren Street with driving with a suspended license. He later posted bond and was released.
9:22 p.m. Amy Sue Cunningham, 21, of Moulton was charged in the 200 block of East State Street with neglect/abandonment of a dependent person, OWI, first offense, eluding law enforcement and interference with official acts. At the same time and place, Jerry Lee Horn, 29, of Centerville, was charged with neglect/abandonment of a dependent person, eluding law enforcement and driving with a suspended license.
7:55 p.m. Cameron J. Strayer, 23, of Seymour, was charged in the 100 block of West Van Buren Street with revocation of a pre-trial release.
10:55 p.m. Iesha Mae Husted, 19, of Centerville, was charged in the 24000 block of 540th Street with simple domestic assault.
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines