Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the Hy-Vee parking lot in Corydon. A 2005 Ford Escape driven by Jennifer Lea Jellison, 27, of Allerton, was pulling into a parking space when it struck a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse driven by Kerri Diane Guthrie, 26, of Corydon. Damage was estimated at $1,500 to Jellison’s car and at $1,000 to Guthrie’s.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident on the west side of the Corydon square. A 2008 Kia Sedona driven by Linda Lucille Johnston, 65, of Seymour, was backing from a parking space when it struck a 2003 Dodge Neon driven by Fern Linette Wilson, 43, of Corydon, which was southbound on South Franklin Street. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to each vehicle.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s office arrested Nikki Lyn Greene, 31, of Allerton, on a charge of driving while suspended following a traffic stop on North Central Avenue in Allerton. Greene appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
Jessica Warembourg, of Corydon, reported that a black Angus cow owned by her and two red Angus cows owned by her father, Kenneth Galbreath, of Corydon, were missing from her property in Howard Township. The cows were valued at $1,400 each.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Luis Nathan Hernandez, Jr., 36, of Exline, on a charge of failure to register as a sex offender. Hernandez appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police arrested Kristy Lee Dudley, 25, of Seymour, on a charge of violation of a no contact order. Dudley appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Tony Michael Clark, 25, of Centerville, on a charge of public intoxication following an incident at an Allerton residence. Clark was held in the Wayne County Jail and released after signing a promise to appear.
Corydon Police arrested Ashley Marie Eis, 24, of Promise City, on an Adair County, Mo. warrant. Eis is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail awaiting extradition to Missouri.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a traffic accident at 205th and Fillmore in Walnut Township. A vehicle driven by Monte Jewell Michael, 51, of Unionville, Mo., was westbound on Fillmore Road when it failed to stop at the stop sign at 205th Street and went into the west bank damaging a telephone pedestal. Damage to Michael’s vehicle was estimated at $6,000. Damage to the telephone equipment owned by Windstream Communications was listed at $2,000. Michael was issued citations for failure to show proof of insurance, operating a non-registered vehicle and failure to obey a stop sign. Other charges are pending. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Seymour First Responders.
Centerville Police arrested Tea Briannan Stevens, 19, of Centerville on a Wayne County warrant for third degree burglary. The charge was in connection with the burglary of the Roscol Eslick residence on Winter Street in Humeston in November. Reported taken in the break in, a .40 caliber pistol, a shop vac, a vacuum, a chainsaw and prescription medication. Stevens appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond. Also, a 16-year-old female from Centerville was referred to juvenile authorities in connection with the incident.
- Centerville School Board, Area Agency on Aging, Appanoose County Service Agency and RASWC agendas Centerville School Board The Centerville School Board will hold a work session tonight at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Items on the agenda for the work session include a presentation from Iowa Asso
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- More Records Headlines