Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the Hy-Vee parking lot in Corydon. A 2005 Ford Escape driven by Jennifer Lea Jellison, 27, of Allerton, was pulling into a parking space when it struck a 2012 Chevrolet Traverse driven by Kerri Diane Guthrie, 26, of Corydon. Damage was estimated at $1,500 to Jellison’s car and at $1,000 to Guthrie’s.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident on the west side of the Corydon square. A 2008 Kia Sedona driven by Linda Lucille Johnston, 65, of Seymour, was backing from a parking space when it struck a 2003 Dodge Neon driven by Fern Linette Wilson, 43, of Corydon, which was southbound on South Franklin Street. Damage was estimated at $1,000 to each vehicle.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s office arrested Nikki Lyn Greene, 31, of Allerton, on a charge of driving while suspended following a traffic stop on North Central Avenue in Allerton. Greene appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
Jessica Warembourg, of Corydon, reported that a black Angus cow owned by her and two red Angus cows owned by her father, Kenneth Galbreath, of Corydon, were missing from her property in Howard Township. The cows were valued at $1,400 each.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Luis Nathan Hernandez, Jr., 36, of Exline, on a charge of failure to register as a sex offender. Hernandez appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police arrested Kristy Lee Dudley, 25, of Seymour, on a charge of violation of a no contact order. Dudley appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released on her own recognizance.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Tony Michael Clark, 25, of Centerville, on a charge of public intoxication following an incident at an Allerton residence. Clark was held in the Wayne County Jail and released after signing a promise to appear.
Corydon Police arrested Ashley Marie Eis, 24, of Promise City, on an Adair County, Mo. warrant. Eis is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail awaiting extradition to Missouri.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a traffic accident at 205th and Fillmore in Walnut Township. A vehicle driven by Monte Jewell Michael, 51, of Unionville, Mo., was westbound on Fillmore Road when it failed to stop at the stop sign at 205th Street and went into the west bank damaging a telephone pedestal. Damage to Michael’s vehicle was estimated at $6,000. Damage to the telephone equipment owned by Windstream Communications was listed at $2,000. Michael was issued citations for failure to show proof of insurance, operating a non-registered vehicle and failure to obey a stop sign. Other charges are pending. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Seymour First Responders.
Centerville Police arrested Tea Briannan Stevens, 19, of Centerville on a Wayne County warrant for third degree burglary. The charge was in connection with the burglary of the Roscol Eslick residence on Winter Street in Humeston in November. Reported taken in the break in, a .40 caliber pistol, a shop vac, a vacuum, a chainsaw and prescription medication. Stevens appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond. Also, a 16-year-old female from Centerville was referred to juvenile authorities in connection with the incident.
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 110113 Aug. 12 6:54 p.m. Reed Jacob Dix, 25, of Centerville, was driving a 2012 Ford F150 north on Highway 5. Richard Eugene Raymie, 80, of Moravia, was driving a 2004 Lincoln Town Car east on Highway J18. Raymie stopped his vehicle at the stop sign at High
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines