The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a minor personal injury accident approximately four miles west of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture driven by Courtney Victoria Bear, 13, of Blue Springs, Mo., was attempting to turn from J46 onto 190th Street when she lost control. The vehicle slid into the ditch and rolled onto its side. Damage was estimated at $7,000. Bear was cited for failure to have a valid driver's license. Brian David Bear, owner, was cited for allowing an unauthorized minor to drive.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a traffic accident approximately one mile north of Promise City. A 2005 Harley Davidson driven by Mark William Winslow, 53, of Corydon, and a 1998 Harley Davidson driven by Timothy Leon Driver, 49, of Centerville, were northbound with a group of other motorcycles on S56 when a deer ran in front of Winslow and was struck. To avoid a collision, Driver entered the shoulder and then the ditch. Damage to Winslow's cycle was estimated at $5,000 and to Driver's at $1,500.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested Rachel Ann Stevens, 21, of Millerton, after she drove into a ditch on S56 near Vale Road. Stevens was charged with operating while intoxicated and failure to maintain control. She appeared before the magistrate and was released later after posting bond.
The Front Street Market in Humeston reported that the business had been broken into overnight. A door had been forced open and some areas had been ransacked. Nothing appeared to be missing. Damage to the building was estimated at $5,500.
Wojo's in Humeston reported that someone had broken into the business overnight. Damage was caused to a door, juke box and game machines. Damage was listed at $3,000. A small amount of money was believed to be missing from the game machines.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested three occupants of a vehicle that had been stopped at a traffic safety check at Highways 2 and 65. Jason Ronald Beerman, 36, of Onawa, was charged with operating while intoxicated, possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Two passengers in the car, Erik Gustavo Franco, 19, of Soldier and Nicholas Jon Seaton, 23, of Sioux City were both charged with possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. All three appeared before the magistrate the following day and were released July 8 after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a motorcycle accident approximately two miles north of Corydon. A 1999 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Thomas William Rogers, 44, of Plano, was southbound on Highway 14 when a deer ran onto the roadway and was struck. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
Melissa Renee Woods, 40 and Meagan Marie Woods, 19, both of Chariton, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff's office to answer Wayne County warrants. Melissa was charged with third degree burglary and making a false report to a public safety entity and Meagan was charged with third degree burglary. The warrants were issued in connection with a January break in of an unoccupied home on Newton Road in South Fork Township. Both were released after posting bond.
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines