The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a minor personal injury accident approximately four miles west of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Venture driven by Courtney Victoria Bear, 13, of Blue Springs, Mo., was attempting to turn from J46 onto 190th Street when she lost control. The vehicle slid into the ditch and rolled onto its side. Damage was estimated at $7,000. Bear was cited for failure to have a valid driver's license. Brian David Bear, owner, was cited for allowing an unauthorized minor to drive.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a traffic accident approximately one mile north of Promise City. A 2005 Harley Davidson driven by Mark William Winslow, 53, of Corydon, and a 1998 Harley Davidson driven by Timothy Leon Driver, 49, of Centerville, were northbound with a group of other motorcycles on S56 when a deer ran in front of Winslow and was struck. To avoid a collision, Driver entered the shoulder and then the ditch. Damage to Winslow's cycle was estimated at $5,000 and to Driver's at $1,500.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested Rachel Ann Stevens, 21, of Millerton, after she drove into a ditch on S56 near Vale Road. Stevens was charged with operating while intoxicated and failure to maintain control. She appeared before the magistrate and was released later after posting bond.
The Front Street Market in Humeston reported that the business had been broken into overnight. A door had been forced open and some areas had been ransacked. Nothing appeared to be missing. Damage to the building was estimated at $5,500.
Wojo's in Humeston reported that someone had broken into the business overnight. Damage was caused to a door, juke box and game machines. Damage was listed at $3,000. A small amount of money was believed to be missing from the game machines.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office arrested three occupants of a vehicle that had been stopped at a traffic safety check at Highways 2 and 65. Jason Ronald Beerman, 36, of Onawa, was charged with operating while intoxicated, possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. Two passengers in the car, Erik Gustavo Franco, 19, of Soldier and Nicholas Jon Seaton, 23, of Sioux City were both charged with possession of a schedule I controlled substance, marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia. All three appeared before the magistrate the following day and were released July 8 after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's office investigated a motorcycle accident approximately two miles north of Corydon. A 1999 Kawasaki motorcycle driven by Thomas William Rogers, 44, of Plano, was southbound on Highway 14 when a deer ran onto the roadway and was struck. Damage was estimated at $3,000.
Melissa Renee Woods, 40 and Meagan Marie Woods, 19, both of Chariton, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff's office to answer Wayne County warrants. Melissa was charged with third degree burglary and making a false report to a public safety entity and Meagan was charged with third degree burglary. The warrants were issued in connection with a January break in of an unoccupied home on Newton Road in South Fork Township. Both were released after posting bond.
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines