Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity log July 12-20
Civil papers processed, 51; traffic stops, 12; ambulances requested, 9; motorist assists, 9; harassment, 2; welfare checks, 2; fire, grass, controlled, 5; warrants, served, 2; thefts, 3; fraud, 1; mental cases, 1; civil matters, 1; traffic complaints, 11; suspicion vehicle, person, 5; animal complaints, 8; weapon violations, 2; alarm, bank, 1; accident property damage, 3; gas drive offs, 2; phone harassment, 1; traffic, road violation, 1; traffic accidents, 1; abandoned vehicle, property, 1; burglary, alarm, 4; litter complaints, 1; OWI, 2; citizen assist, 1; found, recovered property, 1; contacts, 223; total miles patrolled, 2,903; inmates booked into jail, 18; jail population, 22.
9:24 a.m. The Appanoose County Sheriff's office reported an accident at 480th Street and 215th Avenue. Alexis Jo Kauzlarich, 19, of Centerville, was backing a 2011 Chevrolet Cruze LT out of a private driveway when she collided with Teresa Pauline Bostwick, 60, of Numa, who also was backing out of a private drive in a 2009 Kia Sportage EX/LX. No injuries were reported. No charges were filed. Damage to the Kia was estimated at $3,000. Damage to the Chevrolet was estimated at $1,000.
2:50 a.m. Tommy John Day, 29, of Centerville, was charged at 540th Street and Highway 5 with second offense drunken driving. He was released on a promise to appear later that day.
4 p.m. Terry Dean Whittom, 31, of Mystic, was charged at the Law Center with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia. He was released on recognizance.
7:02 p.m. Julian Mendoza Jr., 22 and Christian Garza, 18, both of Alamo, Texas and David Martinez, 24, of Donna, Texas, were charged at Highway 5 and Highway J46 with out of county warrant.
11:32 p.m. A 19-year-old male juvenile was charged in the 600 block of North Sixth Street with revocation of probation or parole.
Appanoose County Sheriff's office activity log July 12-20
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines