1:48 p.m. Richard Hopkins, of Unionville, Iowa, was backing a 2008 Chevrolet out of a business drive in the 100 block of Drake Avenue and backed into a 2001 Ford driven by Royal Simmons, of Centerville, that was stopped in the roadway for traffic. Damage to Hopkins’ vehicle was estimated at $800. Damage to Simmons’ vehicle was estimated at $800. Hopkins was charged with unsafe starting of a stopped vehicle.
Gabrielle Cortesio, of Centerville, was stopped in a 2000 Chevy Malibu at a stop sign at Drake and Garfield when her vehicle was rear ended by a 2000 Oldsmobile driven by Andrew Frost, of Centerville. Cortesio complained of minor back pain. Her passenger, Selena Henderson, complained of a headache after hitting her head against the front seat head rest. No investigation was conducted at the scene due to both vehicles leaving and the accident later being reported. Damage to Cortesio’s vehicle was estimated at $800. Damage to Frost’s vehicle was estimated at $200. Frost was charged with failure to maintain control.
9:48 a.m. John Allen Proffer, Jr., 20, of Centerville,was charged on the west side of the Square with disorderly conduct, trespass and fifth degree criminal mischief. He was later released on a promise to appear.
12:54 p.m. John Michael Abbott, 23, of Centerville, was charged in the 1000 block of South 21st Street on an out of county warrant. He was later transferred.
- Appanoose County Sheriff reports June 13-July 3 June 132:31 p.m. Russell Kirby Davis, 55, of Moulton, was driving a 2005 Peterbilt south on 200th Avenue and had left the L&W Quarry with a load of rock in a dump trailer. Treye Dewight Rinehart, 15, of Mystic, was driving a 2001 Jeep Cherokee south
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 28, 1929: Feelings between coal owners and the county’s miners were about to explode. Complicating the situation,the miners were divided between two unions. The United Mineworkers of America was led by a
- Agendas for Cincinnati City Council and Moravia City Council Cincinnati City CouncilThe Cincinnati City Council will hold a special meeting Monday, Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center.Items on the agenda include communications and announcements, approval of agenda with any additions, hold interview
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 27, 1943: With North Africa secured, Centerville’s Company G, as part of the 34th “Red Bull” Division was at Bizerte, fueling the B-17’s and B-24’s on their way to bomb Naples and the outskirts of Rome Th
- No Headline Provided Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsThe Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, Aug. 4 at 9 a.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse.Items on the agenda include approving July 14 meetings minutes, approving liquor license, approving c
- Correction Friday’s Daily Iowegian story, “County attorney requests an assistant,” contains inaccurate information regarding the school district surtax. The surtax is applied to the amount of state income taxes paid and not to the amount of income earned.
- Land Transfers published 07/22/14 Dustie Argenta conveyed to Tracy L. Page and Robin Page land in Moravia July 11.Flint Wahl and Carla Wahl conveyed to GG Properties LLC land in Centerville July 11.Douglas C. Coakley and Lori A. Coakley conveyed to Glen A. Miller and Rickhi Soroya Mi
- Cincinnati City Council agenda for 07/21/14
- Land transfers Cheryl A. Green conveyed to herself land in Chariton Township June 26.Cheryl A. Green conveyed to Jonathon Printy land in Chariton Township June 26.Kae L. Morgan conveyed to herself land in Centerville June 26.Kae L. Morgan and Steve Morgan conveyed
- Centerville Police June 14-22, 2014 June 148:49 p.m. Karen Ann Luscan, 72, of Centerville, was driving a 2014 Cadillac XTS on North 13th Street when her vehicle, which had the right of way, was backed into by a 2010 Ford Fusion driven by Alisha Nicole Baker, 25, of Marion. Damage to Lu
- Agendas published 07/17/14 Centerville City CouncilThe Centerville City Council will have a special meeting Thursday, July 17 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.Items on the agenda include second reading of Ord. No. 1308 — amending Chapter 11.40 prohibit soliciting funds in city street
- Centerville Police published 07/14/14 June 119:28 a.m. Ashley Rae Elizabeth Jackson, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fifth degree theft.6:30 p.m. Jerrico Jerem Chapman, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of East Franklin Stree
- Appanoose County Board of Supervisors agenda for July 17 Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsAppanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Thursday, July 17 at l:30 p.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse with Matthew Haden.
- Land Transfers published 07/11/14 Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to JP Morgan Chase Bank National Association land in Vermillion Township June 12.Heather Hilty Lear and Kenneth Lear conveyed to Donna Jean Josoff and Kimberly Jean Mitchell land in Centerville June 12.Appanoose Coun
- Centerville School Board and Appanoose County Supervisors agendas Centerville School BoardThe Centerville School Board will meet Monday, July 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building.Items on the agenda include Band Boosters presentation/request, approval of agenda, approval of previous meeting minutes, appoi
- More Records Headlines