1:48 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of East Green Street. The owner reported $350 in damage to the driver's side front window.
2:39 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of South Main Street. The owner reported $90 battery, cylinder head and I-beam missing.
(No Time Listed) An accident was reported in the 200 block of East State Street. Marvin Clark, of Centerville, driving a 1995 Buick LeSabre, struck an unattended vehicle, a 2012 Toyota Prius, owned by Teddy Clark, of Centerville. Marvin Clark was charged with failure to prove security against liability and striking an unattended vehicle. The LeSabre sustained $100 in damage and the Prius $500.
12:24 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 200 block of North 10th Street. The owner reported $800 in damage to a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado.
2:21 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 100 block of South Drake Avenue. Alta Head, of Centerville, driving a 2005 Buick, struck a legally parked 2003 Buick owned by Wanda Lindaman, of Unionville, Mo. Head allegedly left the scene. She was charged with failure to maintain control. Head's Buick had $2,000 in damage and the parked Buick had $1,000.
5:21 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 300 block of West Van Buren Street. The owner reported $100 damage to a wall. Joshua Michael Simmons, 21, of Centerville, was arrested and charged with fifth degree criminal mischief.
11:16 p.m. Justin Charles Simmons, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South 19th Street with out of county warrant. Simmons was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with riot, which was assigned the aggravated misdemeanor case No. AGIN008801.
11:33 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of North Third. The owner reported $500 damage to a vehicle.
2:58 p.m. Nathan Dean McClain, 30, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South Drake Avenue with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond posted at 8:13 p.m.
9:46 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1000 block of East Cross. Christian DeVore, of Centerville, driving a 2001 Chevrolet owned by Wendell DeVore, rear ended a 2002 Dodge legally parked and owned by Rosemary Melso, of Centerville. DeVore was charged with failure to maintain control. No injuries were reported. The Chevrolet sustained $500 in damage and the Dodge $1,500.
11:35 p.m. Donald John Hansen, 51, of Centerville, was charged at 15th Street and East Washington Street with carrying weapons and drunken driving first offense.
2:21 p.m. Jacoby Delmer Ballanger, 19, of Centerville was charged at 240th Avenue and Highway 2 with probation, parole revocation in relation to felony case No. FECR006243.
6:12 p.m. Tess Rae Callen, 37, of Moulton, was charged in the 23000 block of Highway 5 with open container in motor vehicle.
8:57 p.m. Robert Lee Bloomquist, 50, of Exline, was charged in the 700 block of South Drake Avenue with drunken driving first offense.
- Appanoose County Sheriff reports June 13-July 3 June 132:31 p.m. Russell Kirby Davis, 55, of Moulton, was driving a 2005 Peterbilt south on 200th Avenue and had left the L&W Quarry with a load of rock in a dump trailer. Treye Dewight Rinehart, 15, of Mystic, was driving a 2001 Jeep Cherokee south
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 28, 1929: Feelings between coal owners and the county’s miners were about to explode. Complicating the situation,the miners were divided between two unions. The United Mineworkers of America was led by a
- Agendas for Cincinnati City Council and Moravia City Council Cincinnati City CouncilThe Cincinnati City Council will hold a special meeting Monday, Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center.Items on the agenda include communications and announcements, approval of agenda with any additions, hold interview
- A.C. history by Enfys McMurry © 2014 Enfys McMurry All rights reserved.July 27, 1943: With North Africa secured, Centerville’s Company G, as part of the 34th “Red Bull” Division was at Bizerte, fueling the B-17’s and B-24’s on their way to bomb Naples and the outskirts of Rome Th
- No Headline Provided Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsThe Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, Aug. 4 at 9 a.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse.Items on the agenda include approving July 14 meetings minutes, approving liquor license, approving c
- Correction Friday’s Daily Iowegian story, “County attorney requests an assistant,” contains inaccurate information regarding the school district surtax. The surtax is applied to the amount of state income taxes paid and not to the amount of income earned.
- Land Transfers published 07/22/14 Dustie Argenta conveyed to Tracy L. Page and Robin Page land in Moravia July 11.Flint Wahl and Carla Wahl conveyed to GG Properties LLC land in Centerville July 11.Douglas C. Coakley and Lori A. Coakley conveyed to Glen A. Miller and Rickhi Soroya Mi
- Cincinnati City Council agenda for 07/21/14
- Land transfers Cheryl A. Green conveyed to herself land in Chariton Township June 26.Cheryl A. Green conveyed to Jonathon Printy land in Chariton Township June 26.Kae L. Morgan conveyed to herself land in Centerville June 26.Kae L. Morgan and Steve Morgan conveyed
- Centerville Police June 14-22, 2014 June 148:49 p.m. Karen Ann Luscan, 72, of Centerville, was driving a 2014 Cadillac XTS on North 13th Street when her vehicle, which had the right of way, was backed into by a 2010 Ford Fusion driven by Alisha Nicole Baker, 25, of Marion. Damage to Lu
- Agendas published 07/17/14 Centerville City CouncilThe Centerville City Council will have a special meeting Thursday, July 17 at 5:30 p.m. at City Hall.Items on the agenda include second reading of Ord. No. 1308 — amending Chapter 11.40 prohibit soliciting funds in city street
- Centerville Police published 07/14/14 June 119:28 a.m. Ashley Rae Elizabeth Jackson, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fifth degree theft.6:30 p.m. Jerrico Jerem Chapman, 39, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of East Franklin Stree
- Appanoose County Board of Supervisors agenda for July 17 Appanoose County Board of SupervisorsAppanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Thursday, July 17 at l:30 p.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse with Matthew Haden.
- Land Transfers published 07/11/14 Appanoose County Sheriff conveyed to JP Morgan Chase Bank National Association land in Vermillion Township June 12.Heather Hilty Lear and Kenneth Lear conveyed to Donna Jean Josoff and Kimberly Jean Mitchell land in Centerville June 12.Appanoose Coun
- Centerville School Board and Appanoose County Supervisors agendas Centerville School BoardThe Centerville School Board will meet Monday, July 14 at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building.Items on the agenda include Band Boosters presentation/request, approval of agenda, approval of previous meeting minutes, appoi
- More Records Headlines