1:48 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of East Green Street. The owner reported $350 in damage to the driver's side front window.
2:39 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of South Main Street. The owner reported $90 battery, cylinder head and I-beam missing.
(No Time Listed) An accident was reported in the 200 block of East State Street. Marvin Clark, of Centerville, driving a 1995 Buick LeSabre, struck an unattended vehicle, a 2012 Toyota Prius, owned by Teddy Clark, of Centerville. Marvin Clark was charged with failure to prove security against liability and striking an unattended vehicle. The LeSabre sustained $100 in damage and the Prius $500.
12:24 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 200 block of North 10th Street. The owner reported $800 in damage to a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado.
2:21 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 100 block of South Drake Avenue. Alta Head, of Centerville, driving a 2005 Buick, struck a legally parked 2003 Buick owned by Wanda Lindaman, of Unionville, Mo. Head allegedly left the scene. She was charged with failure to maintain control. Head's Buick had $2,000 in damage and the parked Buick had $1,000.
5:21 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 300 block of West Van Buren Street. The owner reported $100 damage to a wall. Joshua Michael Simmons, 21, of Centerville, was arrested and charged with fifth degree criminal mischief.
11:16 p.m. Justin Charles Simmons, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South 19th Street with out of county warrant. Simmons was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with riot, which was assigned the aggravated misdemeanor case No. AGIN008801.
11:33 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of North Third. The owner reported $500 damage to a vehicle.
2:58 p.m. Nathan Dean McClain, 30, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South Drake Avenue with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond posted at 8:13 p.m.
9:46 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1000 block of East Cross. Christian DeVore, of Centerville, driving a 2001 Chevrolet owned by Wendell DeVore, rear ended a 2002 Dodge legally parked and owned by Rosemary Melso, of Centerville. DeVore was charged with failure to maintain control. No injuries were reported. The Chevrolet sustained $500 in damage and the Dodge $1,500.
11:35 p.m. Donald John Hansen, 51, of Centerville, was charged at 15th Street and East Washington Street with carrying weapons and drunken driving first offense.
2:21 p.m. Jacoby Delmer Ballanger, 19, of Centerville was charged at 240th Avenue and Highway 2 with probation, parole revocation in relation to felony case No. FECR006243.
6:12 p.m. Tess Rae Callen, 37, of Moulton, was charged in the 23000 block of Highway 5 with open container in motor vehicle.
8:57 p.m. Robert Lee Bloomquist, 50, of Exline, was charged in the 700 block of South Drake Avenue with drunken driving first offense.
- Centerville School Board, Area Agency on Aging, Appanoose County Service Agency and RASWC agendas Centerville School Board The Centerville School Board will hold a work session tonight at 6 p.m. at the Administration Building followed by a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. Items on the agenda for the work session include a presentation from Iowa Asso
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- More Records Headlines