1:48 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of East Green Street. The owner reported $350 in damage to the driver's side front window.
2:39 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1200 block of South Main Street. The owner reported $90 battery, cylinder head and I-beam missing.
(No Time Listed) An accident was reported in the 200 block of East State Street. Marvin Clark, of Centerville, driving a 1995 Buick LeSabre, struck an unattended vehicle, a 2012 Toyota Prius, owned by Teddy Clark, of Centerville. Marvin Clark was charged with failure to prove security against liability and striking an unattended vehicle. The LeSabre sustained $100 in damage and the Prius $500.
12:24 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 200 block of North 10th Street. The owner reported $800 in damage to a 2004 Chevrolet Silverado.
2:21 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 100 block of South Drake Avenue. Alta Head, of Centerville, driving a 2005 Buick, struck a legally parked 2003 Buick owned by Wanda Lindaman, of Unionville, Mo. Head allegedly left the scene. She was charged with failure to maintain control. Head's Buick had $2,000 in damage and the parked Buick had $1,000.
5:21 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 300 block of West Van Buren Street. The owner reported $100 damage to a wall. Joshua Michael Simmons, 21, of Centerville, was arrested and charged with fifth degree criminal mischief.
11:16 p.m. Justin Charles Simmons, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South 19th Street with out of county warrant. Simmons was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with riot, which was assigned the aggravated misdemeanor case No. AGIN008801.
11:33 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 500 block of North Third. The owner reported $500 damage to a vehicle.
2:58 p.m. Nathan Dean McClain, 30, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of South Drake Avenue with possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia. Bond posted at 8:13 p.m.
9:46 p.m. A two-vehicle accident was reported in the 1000 block of East Cross. Christian DeVore, of Centerville, driving a 2001 Chevrolet owned by Wendell DeVore, rear ended a 2002 Dodge legally parked and owned by Rosemary Melso, of Centerville. DeVore was charged with failure to maintain control. No injuries were reported. The Chevrolet sustained $500 in damage and the Dodge $1,500.
11:35 p.m. Donald John Hansen, 51, of Centerville, was charged at 15th Street and East Washington Street with carrying weapons and drunken driving first offense.
2:21 p.m. Jacoby Delmer Ballanger, 19, of Centerville was charged at 240th Avenue and Highway 2 with probation, parole revocation in relation to felony case No. FECR006243.
6:12 p.m. Tess Rae Callen, 37, of Moulton, was charged in the 23000 block of Highway 5 with open container in motor vehicle.
8:57 p.m. Robert Lee Bloomquist, 50, of Exline, was charged in the 700 block of South Drake Avenue with drunken driving first offense.
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines