APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrestedCaleb Lee Reed, 22, of Garden Grove, on a Wayne County warrant for domestic abuse assault. The charge was in connection with an incident at a Humeston residence July 29. Reed appeared before the Magistrate the following day and was released on his own recognizance.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office assisted by Corydon Police arrested William Ray Pearce, 34, of Humeston, following a report of two men fighting in the yard of the housing units on East Street in Humeston. Pearce was charged with assault causing bodily injury, second degree harassment, third degree harassment, public intoxication and disorderly conduct. Pearce appeared before the Magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $2,900 bond.
The Lucas County Sheriff's Office arrested Mystic Faith Crane, 28, of Russell, following an incident at her residence on Watrous Road in Wright Township. Crane was transported to the Wayne County Jail where she was served a Wayne County warrant for third degree theft in connection with an incident in August 2009. Crane appeared before the Magistrate later that day and was released on her own recognizance.
Corydon Police arrested Tracy Lynn Shoemate, 23, ofAllerton, on a charge of assault following an incident at a Corydon business. Shoemate appeared before the Magistrate the following day, pleaded guilty to the charge and was fined and sentenced to 48 hours in the Wayne County Jail.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report from 8/7/12 to 8/10/12: civil papers processed, 18; traffic stops, 12; suspicious person/vehicle, 6; motorist assist, 5; animal complaint/bite, 7; lost property, 1; traffic complaint, 2; assault/domestic, 1; accident/property damage, 2; civil matter, 2; ambulance requested, 3; offense against family, 1; burglary, 2; warrant/served, 1; juvenile problem, 1; welfare check, 1; contacts, 86; total miles patrolled, 1,855; inmates booked into jail, 5; jail population, 16.
4:20 p.m. Gary Wayne Trimble, 61, of Chariton, was driving a 2010 Chevrolet Silverado northbound on Highway J3T when a deer ran into the road and was struck. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,500.
1:22 a.m. Trinity Wayne Farrell, 24, of Chariton, was charged in the 17000 block of 195th Avenue with OWI, first offense.
10:30 a.m. Mark Jeffrey Judge, 28, of Plano, was arrested by the Iowa State Patrol for an out of county warrant. Judge posted bond and was released.
APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines