WAYNE COUNTY —
Corydon Police investigated a personal injury accident at North Johnson and East Anthony streets in Corydon. A 2000 Ford Windstar driven by Justin Kyle Southern, 40, of Corydon, and a 2003 E-Z-Go golf cart driven by Wade Benjamin Peck, 23, of Corydon, collided in the intersection. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Knight Schwandt, 28, of Milwaukee, Wis., on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a traffic stop on Highway 2 west of Corydon. Schwandt appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Sidney Louis Marsh, 49, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for delivery of a Schedule I controlled substance (marijuana). Marsh appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested William Joseph Cross, 30, of Promise City, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to pay child support. Cross appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Charles Frederick Sisk, 49, of Osceola, following a traffic stop. Sisk appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at the bowling alley in Corydon. A 2001 Ford Taurus driven by Amber L. Abbott, 21, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a parked 2009 Chevrolet pickup owned by Jack Pershy, of Cordyon. Damage to the car driven by Abbott and owned by Southern Iowa Resources for Families was estimated at $1,500. Damage to Pershy’s truck was estimated at $1,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a personal injury accident southwest of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Morgan Gabrial Knust, 16, of Seymour, was northbound on 190th Street near Edison Road when it topped a hill and the driver lost control in the loose gravel. The vehicle then entered the east ditch and rolled, went over a fence and came to rest on the passenger side. The driver and three passengers kicked out the back window and crawled out of the car. The four were taken by private vehicle to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to the car owned by Tesa Lynn Stoffer, of Cretston, was estimated at $6,000.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at Great Western Bank in Corydon. A 2006 Ford pickup driven by Normalea Taylor, 86, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a 2002 Buick LeSabre owned by Donald Pogliano of Allerton. Damage was estimated at $1,200 to Pogliano’s car. No damage was caused to Taylor’s truck.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines