WAYNE COUNTY —
Corydon Police investigated a personal injury accident at North Johnson and East Anthony streets in Corydon. A 2000 Ford Windstar driven by Justin Kyle Southern, 40, of Corydon, and a 2003 E-Z-Go golf cart driven by Wade Benjamin Peck, 23, of Corydon, collided in the intersection. Assisting at the scene were the Wayne County Ambulance and Wayne County Sheriff's Office.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Knight Schwandt, 28, of Milwaukee, Wis., on a charge of operating while intoxicated following a traffic stop on Highway 2 west of Corydon. Schwandt appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Sidney Louis Marsh, 49, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for delivery of a Schedule I controlled substance (marijuana). Marsh appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested William Joseph Cross, 30, of Promise City, on a Wayne County warrant for failure to pay child support. Cross appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office arrested Charles Frederick Sisk, 49, of Osceola, following a traffic stop. Sisk appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at the bowling alley in Corydon. A 2001 Ford Taurus driven by Amber L. Abbott, 21, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a parked 2009 Chevrolet pickup owned by Jack Pershy, of Cordyon. Damage to the car driven by Abbott and owned by Southern Iowa Resources for Families was estimated at $1,500. Damage to Pershy’s truck was estimated at $1,000.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a personal injury accident southwest of Seymour. A 2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Morgan Gabrial Knust, 16, of Seymour, was northbound on 190th Street near Edison Road when it topped a hill and the driver lost control in the loose gravel. The vehicle then entered the east ditch and rolled, went over a fence and came to rest on the passenger side. The driver and three passengers kicked out the back window and crawled out of the car. The four were taken by private vehicle to the Wayne County Hospital. Damage to the car owned by Tesa Lynn Stoffer, of Cretston, was estimated at $6,000.
Corydon Police investigated a property damage accident in the parking lot at Great Western Bank in Corydon. A 2006 Ford pickup driven by Normalea Taylor, 86, of Corydon, was backing from a parking spot when it struck a 2002 Buick LeSabre owned by Donald Pogliano of Allerton. Damage was estimated at $1,200 to Pogliano’s car. No damage was caused to Taylor’s truck.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines