Appanoose County Sheriff
Activity report for 10/17/12 to 10/25/12; civil papers processed, 52; traffic stop, 22, animal complaint, 9; fire/grass/controlled, 5; accident/property damage, 7; extra patrol requested, 2; Suspicious person/vehicle, 8; theft/burglary/alarm, 4; ambulance requested, 10; drugs, 2; hunting call, 1; theft of motor vehicle, 2; fireworks, 1; harassment, 2; domestic disturbance, 2; sex offense, 1; traffic complaint, 3; prowler, 1; motorist assist, 9; fraud, 1; mental case, 1; medical no ambulance,1; criminal mischief, 2; welfare check, 1; vacation check, 1; traffic hazard, 1; intimidation, 1; warrant/served, 1; peddler/solicitor, 1; liquor law violation, 1; transport, 1; weapon violation, 2; OWI, 1; contempt of court, 1; trespassing, 1; juvenile problem, 1; neighbor dispute, 1; contacts, 298; total miles patrolled, 3,120; inmates booked into jail, 18; jail population, 13.
7:33 p.m. Rex Donald Cameron, 78, of Osceola, driving a 2005 Dodge struck a black calf in the roadway. Calf was owned by James Milani. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,500.
8:03 p.m. Jessica Lynn Moorman, 28, of Mystic driving a 2003 Chevrolet northbound on Highway T14. Several deer entered the roadway causing Moorman to come to a complete stop. A 2000 Chevrolet driven by Virginia Ann Exline, 52, of Cincinnati also slowed to avoid the deer. The Exline vehicle struck the rear passenger side of the Moorman vehicle. Damage to both vehicles was estimated at $2,000.
4:38 a.m. Jonathon Lewis Printy, 26, of Cincinnati, driving a 2011 Ford southbound on Highway T14 struck a deer in the roadway. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
7:31 p.m. Jenny Lynn Molle, 27, of Unionville was charged at 18140 Highway T61 with two counts of domestic assault (simple). At same time and place, Anna Devere McVeigh, 21, of Unionville was charged with two counts of domestic assault (simple).
12:23 a.m. Tammy Christine Ballanger, 48, of Centerville was charged at 17352 East Highway J18 with OWI first offense and fourth degree criminal mischief.
Appanoose County Sheriff
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines