WAYNE COUNTY —
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident approximately three miles north of Lineville. A 1997 Chevrolet pickup driven by Brent Allen Snow, 45, of Lineville, was southbound on Highway 65 when two deer ran onto the roadway and were struck. Damage to Snow’s truck was estimated at $3,000.
Troy Trzpuc, of Corydon, reported that someone had driven across the driveway several times at Evitt Pipe & Welding at 2158 Highway 2 and had caused considerable damage to the grounds and had knocked over a 9-1-1 sign and post. Damage to the ground and sign was listed at $150.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Meranda Kay Pennington, 22, of Russell, following the report of a strange vehicle sitting in a residential driveway in Allerton. Pennington was charged with operating while intoxicated. She appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a one-car accident approximately four miles northeast of Corydon. A 2004 Chevrolet Venture driven by Connie Sue Moore, 53, of Allerton, was eastbound on Newton Road when a deer ran onto the roadway. The driver then swerved and lost control of the vehicle which went into the south ditch and rolled, coming to rest on its top. Damage to Moore’s van was estimated at $4,500. Assisting at the scene was the Wayne County Ambulance.
Corydon Police arrested Jason Cameron Willey, 40, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for probation violation. Willey appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Seymour Police arrested Tell Martin Joe Mattly, 45, of Seymour, following complaint of an erratic driver. Mattly was charges with second offense operating while intoxicated and criminal mischief. Mattly appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Pulaski County Missouri Sheriff’s Office arrested Michael D. Fateley, 34, of Crocker, Mo., on Wayne County warrants for first degree theft and third degree burglary. The charged were in connection with the break-in of a storage trailer owned by MasTech of North America in November of 2012 on Maple Street in Allerton and the theft of 88 rolls of insulated copper wire and 20 rolls of bare copper wire valued at $32,800. Following the incident, 325 pounds of the copper was sold to Davis Recycling of Rolla, Mo. Fateley waived extradition and was returned to Corydon on Jan. 17 He appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines