WAYNE COUNTY —
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident approximately three miles north of Lineville. A 1997 Chevrolet pickup driven by Brent Allen Snow, 45, of Lineville, was southbound on Highway 65 when two deer ran onto the roadway and were struck. Damage to Snow’s truck was estimated at $3,000.
Troy Trzpuc, of Corydon, reported that someone had driven across the driveway several times at Evitt Pipe & Welding at 2158 Highway 2 and had caused considerable damage to the grounds and had knocked over a 9-1-1 sign and post. Damage to the ground and sign was listed at $150.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Meranda Kay Pennington, 22, of Russell, following the report of a strange vehicle sitting in a residential driveway in Allerton. Pennington was charged with operating while intoxicated. She appeared before the magistrate later in the day and was released after posting bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a one-car accident approximately four miles northeast of Corydon. A 2004 Chevrolet Venture driven by Connie Sue Moore, 53, of Allerton, was eastbound on Newton Road when a deer ran onto the roadway. The driver then swerved and lost control of the vehicle which went into the south ditch and rolled, coming to rest on its top. Damage to Moore’s van was estimated at $4,500. Assisting at the scene was the Wayne County Ambulance.
Corydon Police arrested Jason Cameron Willey, 40, of Corydon, on a Wayne County warrant for probation violation. Willey appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $5,000 bond.
Seymour Police arrested Tell Martin Joe Mattly, 45, of Seymour, following complaint of an erratic driver. Mattly was charges with second offense operating while intoxicated and criminal mischief. Mattly appeared before the magistrate the following day and was released after posting bond.
The Pulaski County Missouri Sheriff’s Office arrested Michael D. Fateley, 34, of Crocker, Mo., on Wayne County warrants for first degree theft and third degree burglary. The charged were in connection with the break-in of a storage trailer owned by MasTech of North America in November of 2012 on Maple Street in Allerton and the theft of 88 rolls of insulated copper wire and 20 rolls of bare copper wire valued at $32,800. Following the incident, 325 pounds of the copper was sold to Davis Recycling of Rolla, Mo. Fateley waived extradition and was returned to Corydon on Jan. 17 He appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
WAYNE COUNTY —
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines