Appanoose County Sheriff’s activity report
Feb. 10-Feb. 21
Civil papers processed, 65; harassments, 4; disturbances, 4; traffic stops, 16; motorist assists, 6; animal complaints, 3; warrants, served, 1; traffic complaints, 3; suspicion, person, vehicles, 8; thefts, 1; welfare checks, 4; traffic hazards, 1; accidents, property, damage, 4; accidents, personal injuries, 1; thefts, alarms, burglaries, 2; ambulances requested, 4; trespassing, 2; fires, controlled burns, grass, 15; assaults, 2; assaults, domestic, 3; lost property, 1; drugs, 1; thefts, stolen property, 2; civil matters, 1; extra patrols requested, 1; contempt, 1; contacts, 275; total miles patrolled, 3,507; inmates booked into jail, 21; jail population, 18.
6:27 p.m. An accident was reported at 233rd Avenue and state Highway 5. Randy Alan Curran, 45, of St. Louis, Mo., was driving a Ford Econoline E150 south when a deer entered the road and was struck and killed. No injuries and no charges were filed. Damage was estimated at $2,500.
8:05 a.m. An accident was reported at 195th Avenue and 555th Street. Heather Leigh Belloma, 41, of Centerville, was driving a 2000 Ford Explorer north when she lost control, entered the ditch on the east side of the road, then rolled the vehicle on to its top striking a fence and a road sign in the process. No injuries were reported. Belloma was cited with failure to have a valid driver’s license. Damage was estimated at $3,500. Damage to the sign owned by Appanoose County was estimated at $178 and the fence owned by Craig Houser was estimated at $25.
10:25 a.m. An accident was reported at state Highway 5 and West Terra Vista. Rachel June Niles, 24, of Moravia, was driving a 2002 Ford Windstar van north when she lost control due to the snow covered road, crossed the centerline at west Terra Vista Drive before going down the embankment and coming to rest in the ditch. She was listed with non-incapacitating injuries and transported to Mercy Medical. No charges were filed. Passenger Brenda Kay Niles, 48, of Moravia, was listed with possible injuries and transported to Mercy Medical. Damage was estimated at $2,500.
11:08 a.m. An accident was reported at Walnut Street and North Main Street. Rodger William Thomas, 45, of Numa, was driving a 2006 Hyundai west on Walnut and lost control due to the snow covered road. The vehicle struck the guardrail along the west side of North Main Street. Thomas left the scene and called the sheriff’s office. No injuries were reported. No charges were filed. Damage was estimated at $4,500.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s activity report
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines