Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report: 03/07/10 to 03/08/10: Civil papers processed, 5; motorist assist, 1; animal complaint, 1; traffic complaint, 1; parking violation, 2; litter complaint, 1; controlled burn, 3; ambulance requested, 1; traffic stop, 1; alarm/burglary, 1; contacts, 30; total miles patrolled, 258; inmates booked into jail, 1; jail population, 18.
4:52 p.m. John David Bogle, 30, of Centerville, was charged in the 25500 block of Highway 2 with two counts of driving with a suspended license.
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 23 Matthew Duane Brown, 35, of Promise City, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office to answer a Wayne County warrant for second degree theft. The charge was filed after a search warrant executed by the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 11. Several items reported taken from the Brad Hook property in Clay Township were found during the search. Brown was released after posting $500 bond.
Feb. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Robert Owen Davis, 49, of Corydon, on a charge of interference with official acts following an incident in Clinton Township. Davis appeared before the magistrate and was released on his own recognizance.
Feb. 27 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Parker Trent Harper, 25, of Allerton, on a charge of third offense domestic abuse assault following an incident in Allerton. Harper appeared before the Magistrate the following day and was then released March 1 after posting $500 bond.
March 2 Raul Salas, of Humeston, reported that someone had thrown bright blue paint on his Dodge Ram pickup. The truck was parked in the parking lot at the Humeston Housing at the time of the incident.
March 5 The Ringgold County Sheriff arrested William Charles Worley, 38, of Leon on a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court. Worley was transported to Corydon and appeared before the magistrate. He is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $500 bond.
March 5 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Leland Robert Saxton, 38, of Lineville, on Wayne County warrants for contempt of court. Saxton appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $1,500 bond.
March 7 Corydon Police investigated a two-car accident at South Lafayette and East Jefferson Streets in Corydon. A 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Kole Daniel Foster, 19, of Corydon, and a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse drive by Cierra Lynn Hackney, 16, of Corydon, collided at the intersection. Damage was estimated at $4,000 to Foster’s car and at $2,500 to Hackney’s.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines