Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report: 03/07/10 to 03/08/10: Civil papers processed, 5; motorist assist, 1; animal complaint, 1; traffic complaint, 1; parking violation, 2; litter complaint, 1; controlled burn, 3; ambulance requested, 1; traffic stop, 1; alarm/burglary, 1; contacts, 30; total miles patrolled, 258; inmates booked into jail, 1; jail population, 18.
4:52 p.m. John David Bogle, 30, of Centerville, was charged in the 25500 block of Highway 2 with two counts of driving with a suspended license.
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
Feb. 23 Matthew Duane Brown, 35, of Promise City, appeared at the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office to answer a Wayne County warrant for second degree theft. The charge was filed after a search warrant executed by the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office on Feb. 11. Several items reported taken from the Brad Hook property in Clay Township were found during the search. Brown was released after posting $500 bond.
Feb. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Robert Owen Davis, 49, of Corydon, on a charge of interference with official acts following an incident in Clinton Township. Davis appeared before the magistrate and was released on his own recognizance.
Feb. 27 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Parker Trent Harper, 25, of Allerton, on a charge of third offense domestic abuse assault following an incident in Allerton. Harper appeared before the Magistrate the following day and was then released March 1 after posting $500 bond.
March 2 Raul Salas, of Humeston, reported that someone had thrown bright blue paint on his Dodge Ram pickup. The truck was parked in the parking lot at the Humeston Housing at the time of the incident.
March 5 The Ringgold County Sheriff arrested William Charles Worley, 38, of Leon on a Wayne County warrant for contempt of court. Worley was transported to Corydon and appeared before the magistrate. He is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $500 bond.
March 5 The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Leland Robert Saxton, 38, of Lineville, on Wayne County warrants for contempt of court. Saxton appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $1,500 bond.
March 7 Corydon Police investigated a two-car accident at South Lafayette and East Jefferson Streets in Corydon. A 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Kole Daniel Foster, 19, of Corydon, and a 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse drive by Cierra Lynn Hackney, 16, of Corydon, collided at the intersection. Damage was estimated at $4,000 to Foster’s car and at $2,500 to Hackney’s.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines