3:28 p.m. Theft was reported in the 1000 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported a reciprocating saw blade valued at $5 was taken.
12:55 p.m. Shoplifting was reported in the 600 block of North 18th Street. The victim reported that $4 worth of Hy-Vee brand pain relief pills were stolen. Benjamin Palmer was arrested.
2:58 p.m. Theft from a vehicle, forgery and unauthorized use of a credit card was reported in the 100 block of East Jackson Street. The victim reported that a wallet was stolen from a vehicle. Damage was estimated at $337. Mark Keeney was arrested.
4:48 p.m. Burglary was reported in the 1900 block of South 16th Street. The victim reported that an iPod, safe, jewelry, money and personal property valued at $1,910 was stolen from a residence.
9:49 p.m. Rickey Joe Morlan, 48, of Centerville, was charged in the 800 block of South 16th Street with fifth degree theft.
4 p.m. Amanda Lynn White, 33, of Centerville, was charged at the Law Center with failure to appear. She was later released on her own recognizance.
7:59 p.m. Donald Lee Bates, 62, of Centerville, was charged in the 1300 block of South 15th Street with assault with intent to commit sexual abuse. He later posted bond and was released.
9:46 a.m. Charlet Nashay Knowles, 31, of Ottumwa, was charged in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street with probation/parole revocation.
2:55 p.m. Nicholas Dean Fetters, 20, of Centerville, was charged in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street with failure to appear. He was later released on order of the court.
9:54 p.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1200 block of South 11th Street. The victim reported that a single pane door glass valued at $20 was broken.
7:54 p.m. Theft was reported in the 300 block of West Van Buren Street. The victim reported that a purse, camera and library book valued at $95 was stolen. Autumn Hall was arrested.
8:11 p.m. Autumn Lacene Hall, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 200 block of North 12th Street with fifth degree theft. She was later released on her own recognizance.
2:44 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 200 block of East Van Buren Street. The victim reported a 1991 Nissan was spray painted. Damage was estimated at $300.
7:52 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 1100 block of West Madison Street. The victim reported a mail box was damaged. Damage was estimated at $50.
- Sheila Walker Sheila Walker, 61, of Phoenix, Ariz., formerly of Centerville, passed away Thursday, Dec. 12, 2013 at the Sherman Hospice Home in Phoenix. Funeral services are pending at Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville. Sheila Walker
- Wayne County Sheriff's Report 12/13/13 Nov. 21 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately two miles west of Corydon. A 2002 Dodge pickup driven by Keith Herbert Murphy, 39, of Allerton and a 2000 Honda Civic driven by Jesse Lee Wik, 16, of Line
- Appanoose County Sheriff's Report 12/13/13 Nov. 8 6:27 p.m. Joann Martha Garr, 67, of Centerville, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Uplander northbound in the 12000 block of Highway 5 when it struck a deer. Damage to Garr's vehicle was estimated at $1,500. Nov. 15 7:30 p.m. Jerry Duane Elston, 68
- 12/10/13 Appanoose County Sheriff Nov. 9 11:34 p.m. Natasha Renee Stonerock, 24, of Centerville, was charged at the Appanoose County Law Center with two counts of aiding and abetting. Nov. 11 9:40 p.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of Highway 5 and 240th A
- 12/10/13 Centerville Police Nov. 18 5:02 p.m. The owner reported criminal mischief in the 300 block of East Maple. A 2000 Chevy Impala sustained an estimated $200 in damage. Nov. 21 8:45 a.m. An employee reported a gas drive off in the 800 block of North 18th valued at $20. 9:3
- Land transfers and marriages Land Transfers Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5A LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Township Nov. 22. Larry A. Drake member and Drake No. 5 LLC conveyed to Larry A. Drake and Carol A. Drake land in Caldwell Townsh
- Crime log AC Sheriff Nov. 7 5:57 a.m. A one vehicle accident was reported near the intersection of 138th Avenue and Highway J46. Tyler Wayne Shanahan, 19, of Centerville, was driving a 2011 Chevrolet Equinox west on Highway J46 when he fell asleep and entered
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines