APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
Diane Lukavisky, of Chariton, reported that someone had broken into her business, the Millerton Cafe, overnight. Cash was reported missing from the office area of the cafe.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident on the Seymour square. A 2003 Buick Regal driven by Joann Fetters, 81, of Seymour, was backing from a parking spot on Fourth Street when it collided with a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Robert Allen Murphy, 83, of Seymour. Damage was estimated at $2,500 to each vehicle. Fetters was issued a citation for unsafe backing.
The Wayne County Sheriff arrested Devon Lee Funk, 29, of Garden Grove, following the report of a man walking in the middle of Highway 65 north of Humeston. Funk was charged with public intoxication and carrying a concealed weapon (knife). Funk appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested William Ray Pearce, 34, of Humeston, on a charge of fifth degree criminal mischief following the report of someone taking garbage from a dumpster on North East Street in Humeston and scattering it in the street and on the sidewalk. Pearce appeared before the magistrate the following day, pleaded guilty to the charge and was then fined and released.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Justin Paul Eugene Richmond, 19, of Moulton, on charges of possession of alcohol under the legal age and interfering with official acts. The charges were in connection with an incident at a residence on East Lee Street in Seymour. Richmond appeared before the magistrate later in the day, pleaded guilty to the charges and was then fined and released.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report from 08/10/12 to 08/13/12: civil papers processed, 8; traffic stops, 9; suspicious person/vehicle, 2; motorist assist, 6; animal complaints, 2; civil matters, 1; SOR checks, 11; ambulances requested, 2; accidents/personal injuries, 1; accident/property damage, 2; litter, 1; fireworks complaints, 1; prowlers, 1; alarms/burglaries, 1; thefts, 5; burglaries, 1; frauds, 1; extra patrols requested, 2; noise complaints, 1; criminal mischief, 1; parking violations, 1; fires/grass, 1; traffic complaints, 1; contacts, 147; total miles patrolled, 3,340; inmates booked into jail, 5; jail population, 18.
2 a.m. Tyler Jon Vitko, 25, of Albia, was driving a 2009 Dodge east on Highway 2 when the vehicle went off the highway. The vehicle first hit a tree and then struck three vehicles parked at Highway 2 Auto Sales parking lot. Vitko did not report the accident and drove away from the scene. Damage to Vitko’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000. A 2003 Ford was listed with $5,000 in damage. A 2007 Ford was listed with $2,000 in damage and a 2008 Ford was listed with $300 in damage. Vitko was charged with failure to maintain control and striking an unattended veicle.
10:29 a.m. Trevor David White, 28, of Centerville was charged at 1212 E. Cross Street with felony enhanced domestic assault and false imprisonment.
APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
- Appanoose County Sheriff 3/7/14 Feb. 26 6:49 a.m. Shane Andrew Frevert, 28, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chevrolet K2500 PK westbound on Highway 2 when a deer entered the roadway and was struck by the vehicle. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500. March 4 10:15 a.m.
- Centerville Police 3/7/14 Feb. 22 11:33 p.m. A juvenile was charged on the east side of the Square with possession of alcohol under age. March 3 8:59 a.m. Jeffrey Lynn Fadiga, 53, of Numa, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with third degree harassment. He
- Cincinnati and Mystic Council agendas Cincinnati City Council Cincinnati City Council will meet Monday, March 10 at 6 p.m. at Cincinnati Community Center. Items on the agenda include acting fire chief is assistant fire chief Joe Sivetts until a new chief can be found, fire department is
- Centerville Police 03/04/14 Feb. 26 2:30 p.m. Keisha Dawn Medina, 22, of Centerville, was charged in the 1100 block of West Van Buren Street with fourth degree theft and four counts of forgery. She later posted bond and was released. 6:09 p.m. Sara Dawn Blew, 33, of Centerville
- Appanoose County Sheriff 03/04/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Slay was not injured. The other vehicle involved
- Marriages Steven Eric Hall, 45, of Numa to Dolores Martinez Jaramillo, 58, of Centerville Feb. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian Marriages
- Land Transfers Appanoose County treasurer conveyed to Appanoose County land in Cincinnati Feb. 11. Ginger A. Barber and Phillip R. Barber conveyed to Dennis Lee Dove land in Walnut Township Feb. 11. George W. Grimm and Linda S. Grimm conveyed to Stanley Zugg and De
- Supervisors agenda 02/27/14 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, March 3 at 9 a.m in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include declaration of items to be added to the agenda, approve minutes of the
- Centerville Police 02/26/14 Feb. 24 3:14 p.m. Kaleb Darrel Morrow, 33, of Centerville, was charged in the 500 block of North Main Street with attempted third degree burglary, third degree burglary and fifth degree theft.
- Centerville Police 02/25/14 Feb. 19 12:27 p.m. Tabitha Lynn Farris, 22, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser westbound on Grant Street. Randy Wayne Cole, 55, of Centerville, was driving a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse northbound on 14th Street. Cole was unable to st
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/25/14 Feb. 15 7:03 a.m. Carlon Ray Slay, 70, of Centerville, was driving a 2005 Chevrolet Suburban southbound on Highway 5 when the vehicle struck a log that fell off a logging truck in the southbound lane. Damage to Slay's vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
- Meeting notice Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District will meet on Thursday, Feb. 27 at 1:30 p.m. at USDA-NRCS, 12th and Washington, Ag. Building, Centerville. If you need accommodation, notify the Appanoose Soil and Water Conservation office by Feb.
- Milestone agenda for 02/24/14 meeting Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council Due to inclement weather, Milestones Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council will now meet on Monday, Feb. 24 at 10 a.m. at 117 N. Cooper, Suite 2 in Ottumwa. Residents of Appanoose, Clinton, Davis, Des
- Appanoose County Sheriff 02/20/14 Feb. 13 11:58 p.m. Phillip Ray Barber, 43, of Mystic, was charged in the 100 bloc, of East Kennedy Street with simple domestic assault. Feb. 15 3:55 p.m. Anthony Skilar Pierce, 26, of Centerville, was charged in the 900 block of East Green Street wit
- Land transfers 02/20/14 Paul Michael Baldwin and Denise Annette Baldwin conveyed to their trustee and 1/2 interest trust land in Bellair, Johns and Walnut townships Jan. 31. Marilyn L. Dwyer conveyed to Karla Kay Dwyer land in Chariton Township Jan. 31. Amber D. Houser and
- More Records Headlines