APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
Diane Lukavisky, of Chariton, reported that someone had broken into her business, the Millerton Cafe, overnight. Cash was reported missing from the office area of the cafe.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office investigated a property damage accident on the Seymour square. A 2003 Buick Regal driven by Joann Fetters, 81, of Seymour, was backing from a parking spot on Fourth Street when it collided with a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado driven by Robert Allen Murphy, 83, of Seymour. Damage was estimated at $2,500 to each vehicle. Fetters was issued a citation for unsafe backing.
The Wayne County Sheriff arrested Devon Lee Funk, 29, of Garden Grove, following the report of a man walking in the middle of Highway 65 north of Humeston. Funk was charged with public intoxication and carrying a concealed weapon (knife). Funk appeared before the magistrate the following day and is currently being held in the Wayne County Jail in lieu of $1,000 bond.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested William Ray Pearce, 34, of Humeston, on a charge of fifth degree criminal mischief following the report of someone taking garbage from a dumpster on North East Street in Humeston and scattering it in the street and on the sidewalk. Pearce appeared before the magistrate the following day, pleaded guilty to the charge and was then fined and released.
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office arrested Justin Paul Eugene Richmond, 19, of Moulton, on charges of possession of alcohol under the legal age and interfering with official acts. The charges were in connection with an incident at a residence on East Lee Street in Seymour. Richmond appeared before the magistrate later in the day, pleaded guilty to the charges and was then fined and released.
Appanoose County Sheriff’s Office
Activity report from 08/10/12 to 08/13/12: civil papers processed, 8; traffic stops, 9; suspicious person/vehicle, 2; motorist assist, 6; animal complaints, 2; civil matters, 1; SOR checks, 11; ambulances requested, 2; accidents/personal injuries, 1; accident/property damage, 2; litter, 1; fireworks complaints, 1; prowlers, 1; alarms/burglaries, 1; thefts, 5; burglaries, 1; frauds, 1; extra patrols requested, 2; noise complaints, 1; criminal mischief, 1; parking violations, 1; fires/grass, 1; traffic complaints, 1; contacts, 147; total miles patrolled, 3,340; inmates booked into jail, 5; jail population, 18.
2 a.m. Tyler Jon Vitko, 25, of Albia, was driving a 2009 Dodge east on Highway 2 when the vehicle went off the highway. The vehicle first hit a tree and then struck three vehicles parked at Highway 2 Auto Sales parking lot. Vitko did not report the accident and drove away from the scene. Damage to Vitko’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000. A 2003 Ford was listed with $5,000 in damage. A 2007 Ford was listed with $2,000 in damage and a 2008 Ford was listed with $300 in damage. Vitko was charged with failure to maintain control and striking an unattended veicle.
10:29 a.m. Trevor David White, 28, of Centerville was charged at 1212 E. Cross Street with felony enhanced domestic assault and false imprisonment.
APPANOOSE AND WAYNE COUNTIES —
Wayne County Sheriff’s Office
- RASWC meeting The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission meeting agenda for Dec. 10 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. The agenda includes approval of minutes from Nov. 11 meeting; approval of the treasurer's and delinquent account reports; approval of Novem
- AC Sheriff Oct. 22 12:43 p.m. Joseph Victor DePaula, 28, of Cincinnati, was charged at the Law Center with manufacture/delivery/possession with intent/conspiracy. He was later released on order of the court. 7:25 p.m. Stephen Alan Allgood, 25, of Powersville, M
- Centerville Police 11/26/13 Nov. 9 Robert Today, of Centerville, was driving a 1990 Oldsmobile Regency westbound on Maple Street and entered the center turn lane to turn south on Valley Drive. Donald Hunt, of Centerville, was driving a 2006 Pontiac Vibe eastbound and entered th
- Appanoose County Sheriff 11/25 Sept. 29 10:25 a.m. Larry Gardener, 76, of Kirksville, Mo., was driving a 2013 Cadillac Escalade westbound on West North Street in Moravia and approaching the railroad crossing. Nancy Jo Kelley, 69, of Unionville, Iowa, was driving a 2004 Ford Escape
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/22/13 Nov. 9 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a property damage accident approximately seven miles north of Corydon. A 1997 Chrysler Town and Country driven by Timothy Barton Irving, 24, of Corydon, was southbound on Highway 14 near Uniform R
- Centerville Police 11/20/2013 Sept. 14 12:39 a.m. Theft was reported in the 600 block of North Park Street. The victim reported a vehicle registration and keys valued at $55 were stolen. Oct. 28 3:51 p.m. Thomas Zaputil, of Mystic, was driving a 1997 Kenworth semi pulling a grain
- Marriages Mark James Hengstenberg, 56, to Margaret Ann Aeschliman, 59, both of Eagle, Wis. Nov. 13. Makayla Kim Bratz, 30, to Damon Michael Gesualdo, 35, both of Mesa, Ariz. Nov. 14. Compiled by Michael Schaffer/Daily Iowegian
- Land Transfers Secluded Land Company LLC conveyed to Berkey Homebuilders Inc. land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 1. Wesley B. Huisinga bankruptcy trustee and Roger J. Hageman conveyed to Tony D. Halterman land in Union and Udell townships Nov. 4. William Barbag
- Centerville Police 111513 Oct. 11 10:08 p.m. Three juveniles were charged at the Law Center with purchase of alcohol under age. Oct. 16 9:40 a.m. Verl Edward Lewis Briley, 19, of Mystic, had his pre-trial release revoked in the 200 block of West Van Buren Street. 2:22 p.m. Mi
- Wayne County Sheriff 11/12/13 Oct. 25 The Wayne County Sheriff's Office investigated a personal injury accident at the northeast side of Corydon on North East Street. A 2006 Ford F150 driven by Terri Lynn Gathercole, 61, of Corydon, was northbound on North East Street when the dr
- Centerville Police Oct. 9 3:52 a.m. Anna Devere, 22, of Unionville, Iowa, was charged at 18th and East Walnut streets with assault on an officer with other injuries and interference with official acts. She later posted bond and was released. 8:18 a.m. Burglary was repo
- Land Transfers Robert Michael Talbot executor and Garnet Edward Talbot trust conveyed to Robert Talbot trustee and trust land in Vermillion Township Oct. 17. Karen K. Tisue conveyed to James E. Smith and Lana K. Smith land in Chariton Township Oct. 17. Patricia C.
- Centerville Police 110613 Sept. 14 6:33 a.m. Burglary was reported in the 500 block of North 13th Street. The victim reported that an entry door was kicked in and wiring was stolen. Damage was estimated at $125. Sept. 26 10:16 a.m. Criminal mischief was reported in the 100 bl
- Weekly Calendar 110413-111013 MONDAY 4 CENTERVILLE LEGION POST 214, meets the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Continental at St. Joseph's in the meeting room to the right of the V.A. office. APPANOOSE COUNTY WEEKLY MEALS, a free meal and fellowship is held every Mond
- John J. Merritt John J. Merritt, 76, of Seymour, died Saturday, Nov. 2, 2013 at Mercy Hospital in Des Moines. Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville has been entrusted with his care.
- More Police/Sheriff Headlines