Call now to sign-up for a Better Choices — Better Health Workshop. It’s designed for adults age 60 and older who want to take charge of their ongoing health problems and get relief from their pain, fatigue, and other symptoms.
Developed at Stanford University, the Workshop has been offered at hundreds of locations throughout the United States. It helps participants with ongoing health conditions such as arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, anxiety, heart disease, anxiety and others to:
• Find better ways of dealing with pain and fatigue
• Discover easy exercises to help improve or maintain strength and energy
• Learn the appropriate use of medications
• Improve nutrition
• Talk effectively with family, friends and health professionals
• Understand new treatment choices
• Feel better about life
Taught by specially trained leaders, the program covers a new topic each week and provides opportunities for interaction and group problem solving.
The 3-week workshop will be offered at the 18-80 Club, 922 W. State St. in Centerville on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Aug. 20-Sept. 5 from 9-11 a.m. To register or to receive more information, call Carla Wahl at (641) 856-8627. The cost will be a donation with book purchase optional. The program is sponsored by Milestones Area Agency on Aging.