Keith Van Blaricome
Keith Van Blaricome, 64, of Bettendorf died Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2005 at Trinity at Terrace Park Hospital, Bettendorf, following a sudden illness.
Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 9, at McGinnis-Chambers Funeral Chapel in Bettendorf. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 8, at the funeral home.
Contributions may be made to the family for a future memorial in his name.
Arnold Keith Van Blaricome was born Jan. 12, 1941 in Jerome, the son of Andy Beal and Dorothy May Violet (Thompson) Van Blaricome and was a 1959 graduate of Seymour High School. On April 12, 1962, he was united in marriage to Judith Muriel Miller in Davenport.
He was employed as a journeyman pipe fitter at the Alcoa Company, Davenport Works and retired as a supervisor in 1993 after 33 years of service.
Keith was a former member of the United Steel Worker‚s Union Local #105 and a member of the Alcoa Retirees. Among the things he enjoyed were fishing and camping. He especially loved to watch his grandson, Brandon, play baseball.
Those left to honor his memory include his wife, Judith; his daughter, Kelli Van Blaricome of Bettendorf; his son, Brian Van Blaricome of Bettendorf; his grandson, Brandon Van Blaricome; his sisters, Eva Shriver of Centerville, Lucille Ross of Earlham, Julia “Judy” Stout and her husband, Jeff, of Ottumwa and JoAnn Miller of Palouse, Wash.; his brothers, Paul Van Blaricome of Drakesville and Max Van Blaricome and his wife Bev of Numa; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by five sisters, one brother, his parents and his mother-in-law and father-in-law, Bill and Dorothy Miller.
Condolences may be expressed to the family by visiting Keith’s obituary at www.McGinnis-Chambers.com
Gerald Bunnell, 80, of Unionville, Mo., died Monday, Dec. 5, 2005, at the Northeast Regional Medical Center.
Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at the Unionville Cemetery in Unionville, Mo.
Visitation will be at the Playle & Jones Family Funeral Home one hour prior to the service.
Dale W. Dawson
Dale W. Dawson, age 74, of Moulton died Wednesday, Dec. 7, 2005, at Mercy Medical Center in Centerville. He was born the son of Ben and Margaret (Crane) Dawson on April 26, 1931 in Des Moines. In 1948, he graduated from Moulton High School in Moulton.
On April 29, 1950, Dale was united in marriage to Shirley Pettis in Moulton at the Moulton Methodist Church. During his lifetime, he was a meat cutter for John Morrell and Co. for 21 years until it closed. He then went to work for Norfolk Southern Railroad where he worked as a machine operator until his retirement after 16 years of employment.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Robert Dawson.
He is survived by his wife Shirley Dawson of Moulton; two daughters, Jennifer Basinger and her husband David, and Candy Gay, all of Unionville, Iowa; three sons, Timothy Dawson and his wife Diane of Moulton, James Dawson and his wife Missy, and Brad Lee Dawson, all of Huntsville, Mo.; one sister, Maxine McCullough and her husband, Harold, of Ottumwa; two brothers, Ben Dawson and his wife, Betty, of Centerville and Frank Dawson and his wife, Leslie, of Dallas, Texas; ten grandchildren, Christopher Bas-inger, Casey Basinger, Chance Basinger, Stacy Dawson, Taylor Davis, Teagan Gay, Danielle Dawson, Karress Dawson, Seth Dawson, and Brynn Dawson, along with three great-grandchildren: Keaton Basinger, Abby Basinger, and Makenzie Dawson.
Funeral services will be private. Public visitation will be on Thursday, Dec. 8, from 1 to 8 p.m. at the Schmidt Family Funeral Home in Moulton. Burial will be at the Hilltown Cemetery south of Moulton.
Memorials can be made to the Crossline Center of Moulton and mailed to the Schmidt Family Funeral Home at 501 North 18th Street in Centerville, Iowa 52544.
Condolences can be sent at: schmidtfamilyfuneralhome.com The Schmidt Family Funeral Home of Moulton, Iowa is caring for the Dawson Family at this time.
Keith Van Blaricome
- Judy Ann Yezerski Judy Ann Yezerski, 68, of Blue Grass,passed away Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014 at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 25 in the Runge Mortuary Chapel in Davenport. Visitation will be held today from 5-8
- Dorothy Arlene Stout Dorothy Arlene Stout, 91, of Blue Eye, Missouri and a former Centerville, Iowa resident, died Thursday, Feb. 20 at Hospice of the Hills in Harrison, Ark. She was born the daughter of John Herman and Dorothea Elizabeth (Bolte) Timion on Feb. 26, 1922
- Donna L. Hicks Donna L. Hicks, 62, of Promise City passed away Friday, Feb. 21 at her home. A visitation will be held Monday, from 5-7 p.m. at Thomas Funeral Home in Centerville. Funeral service will be held in Spruce Pine, North Carolina and will be handled by Web
- Margaret Louise 'Nanny' Beechum Margaret Louise "Nanny" Beechum, 81, a former resident of Muscatine, passed away on Monday, Feb. 17, 2014, at the Riverside Regional Medical Center in Newport News, Va. Funeral Service will be held at 12 p.m. today at the Ralph J. Wittich-Riley-Freer
- Dorothy Arlene Stout Dorothy Arlene Stout, 91, of Blue Eye, Mo., and formerly of Centerville, passed away Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014 at Hospice of the Hills in Harrison, Ark. Arrangements have been entrusted to the Schmidt Family Funeral Home in Centerville. Dorothy Arlene
- Samuel Curtis Burger Samuel Curtis Burger, 59, died peacefully on Saturday, Feb. 15, 2014, with his loving family at his side in his home on the banks of the Chatanika River after a courageous battle with lung cancer. Born in Centerville on Jan. 19, 1955, he lived most o
- Merilou (White) Hamilton Merilou (White) Hamilton, 87, of Centerville, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Centerville. She was born Dec. 23, 1926 in Centerville to John and Lula (Houser) White. Merilou attended Centerville schools and graduated from
- Merilou Hamilton Merilou Hamilton, 87, of Centerville, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Centerville. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 21 at Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville with Pastor Gerald Campbell of
- Marilyn McCulley Marilyn McCulley, 80, of Centerville, departed this life on Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 at the Centerville Nursing and Rehab Center surrounded by the love and prayers of family and friends. Marilyn was born Aug. 6, 1933 in Taylorville, Ill. to the Rev. Ray
- Janet Ann (Dixon) Dowd-Phelps Janet Ann (Dixon) Dowd-Phelps, 77, of Moravia, entered into eternal life on Friday, Feb. 14, 2014. She was born Oct. 17, 1936 to Robert M. and Susie (Martin) Dixon of Winfield, Mo. Janet grew up on a farm, attended rural country school, Winfield High
- Merilou Hamilton Merilou Hamilton, 87, of Centerville, passed away Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Centerville. Funeral services are pending at Lange Funeral Home and Crematory in Centerville. Merilou Hamilton
- Kendall Daily Kendall Daily, 69, of Unionville, Mo., passed away Friday, Feb. 14, 2014 at the University Hospital in Columbia, Mo. Funeral services were held at 2 p.m. Monday, Feb. 17 at Playle and Jones Family Funeral Home in Unionville, Mo. Visitation will be on
- Dixie Lou Egbert Dixie Lou Egbert, 72, of Allerton, passed away Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014 at her home in Allerton. Dixie was born on Oct. 13, 1941 in Confidence, to Paul and Velma (Holmes) Swan. Dixie was united in marriage to Ralph Bernard Egbert on May 8, 1961. She work
- Robert J. McElvain Robert J. McElvain, 58, of Numa passed away Monday, Feb. 10, 2014 at his home in Numa. Robert was born on June 25, 1955 in Centerville, to John Marvelle and Florence Darlene (Ryan) McElvain. He received his education from Centerville High School grad
- Mirie Clara Frances (Mayner) Huston Mirie Clara Frances (Mayner) Huston, 72, of Exline, passed away Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines. Mirie was born in Denver, Colo. on Oct. 7, 1942 to Dr. Frank and Viola (Parker) Mayner. She attended school in Quincy, Ill.
- More Obituaries Headlines