- Local News
One ejected in Sunday accident
Three were injured in an accident that caused the driver of a Chevrolet truck to be ejected on Sunday.
- Gas prices slightly lower Average retail gasoline prices in Iowa have fallen 3.3 cents per gallon in the past week, averaging $3.11/g Sunday, according to GasBuddy's daily survey of 2,036 gas outlets in Iowa. This compares with the national average that has fallen 1.4 cents p
- AC history Dec. 1, 1942: Gasoline rationed. Colored stickers placed on windshields indicated priority: White letter A on black background: cars used for private use: three gallons a week. White letter B on green background, workers judged essential for war effo
- CHS winter concert The CHS Concert Band will present their winter concert Tuesday, Dec. 3 at 7:30 p.m. in the Simon Estes Auditorium. The program will consist of the following music: "Greensleeves," "U.S.A.136th march," "Still, Still, Still," (vocalist Skyler Lawson),
One lifeflighted after accident
One was transported by air ambulance from the scene of a two car accident Sunday afternoon. Two others were transported to Mercy Medical Center in Centerville by ground ambulance.
- Wayne County hospital welcomes new face CORYDON -- Wayne County Hospital and Clinic System is pleased to announce Eric Palmer, D.P.T. as Director of the Rehabilitation Services Department. "We are very fortunate to have someone of Dr. Palmer's skill and expertise to assume the management o
- Focus on Safe Routes to School The Centerville City Council tonight will consider a resolution awarding the contract for phase one of the Safe Routes to School project. The resolution, if approved, will award the contract to Jasper Construction Services, Inc. out of Newton in the
- Members celebrating conservation innovations WEST DES MOINES -- Even though harvest season has wrapped up and tractors are in the shed, Iowa grain farmers continue to work through winter, seeking ways to improve their conservation practices. As members of the state's largest grassroots farm org
- Meeting agendas published 11/29/13 Appanoose County Board of Supervisors The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, Dec. 2 at 9 a.m. in the boardroom of the Courthouse. Items on the agenda include approval of minutes of the Nov. 18 meetings, 28 E agreement for ADLM, d
- Live theater returns By Michael Schaffer Managing Editor Live theater returns
- Moravia FCCLA food drive exceeds expectations When Family and Consumer Sciences instructor Tess Callen challenged Moravia students to turn the donation of food for a local food bank into an all-out competition, she never dreamed how successful the project would be. On Monday, Pastor Dennis Doud
- Bone marrow registry drive scheduled "When you are handed lemons, make lemonade." This saying has proven true for Unionville, Mo. resident Lisa Tribble. In September Lisa received the devastating diagnosis of plasma cell leukemia. Immediately she began chemotherapy and will be undergoin
- Centerville man arrested CENTERVILLE -- Local law enforcement arrested Troy Lee Hilty, 42, of Centerville, Wednesday afternoon on an outstanding warrant from July. A press release from the Centerville Police Department says that Hilty was arrested at the intersection of Seve
- 'Say No to Drugs' On Monday, Nov. 18 the Centerville FFA officers went to Lakeview Elementary School to award the kids who had the best drawings for the "Say No to Drugs" contest. Every winner got a bag of goodies from the Centerville FFA. The Knights of Columbus winn
Police arrest man on meth warrant
Local law enforcement arrested Troy Lee Hilty, 42, of Centerville, Wednesday afternoon on an outstanding warrant from July.
- More Local News Headlines
- One ejected in Sunday accident