WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congressman Dave Loebsack announced that six projects in Iowa’s Second District will receive grants from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Development program. Specifics of each grant are detailed below.
• City of Albia: $50,000 to purchase a quick attack brush truck for the fire department. The truck will be equipped with a 300 gallon tank, pump and hose reel.
• City of Chariton: $30,000 to purchase a fire attack truck for fire protection in the city and surrounding rural areas. The truck will be outfitted with a water tank and related hoses and pumps.
• City of Humeston: $48,700 to purchase a used replacement tanker/pumper truck to serve the city and surrounding rural areas. Additional equipment for the truck will also be purchased.
• City of Van Wert: $9,100 to purchase a warning siren and related equipment to protect the citizens of Van Wert.
• Davis County Hospital (Bloomfield): $46,900 to purchase an ambulance for emergency responses in Davis County.
• Wayne County Hospital (Corydon): $30,000 to purchase a 3-D ultrasound machine and upgraded viewing station. The new equipment will allow for greater detail and clarity of images, less discomfort for the patient, digital manipulation of the image and better precision and focus.