The Centerville Community School District Board of Education Monday, May 13 approved Rob Busch's resignation as curriculum director, athletic director and business manager effective June 30.
The board was also notified by Dr. Hindley through written notice he was going to resign as board president but would remain on as a board member.A notable retirement approved by the board was that of Donna Beaty, Central Elementary secretary, effective June 19 after 36 years of service to the school district.In other action:The board voted 5-1 to table the decision on issuing the superintendent's contract and schedule a special board meeting to evaluate the superintendent as soon as possible. The board voted unanimously to approve issuing 2013-14 contracts to the other administrators and directors.The board voted to fund the school resource officer position at a cost to the district of between $55,000-$60,000. The officer will spend 75 percent of the time at the school and the other 25 percent with the department.In something sports related, the board voted 4-2 to rename the Big Red Wrestling Tournament to Mike Halupnick Big Red Wrestling Tournament and rename the JV Wrestling Tournament to Russ Miller JV Wrestling Tournament. The board voted unanimously to approve the sixth grade Talented And Gifted students request for out of state travel May 19-21 to Chicago, Ill., for competition. TAG teacher Dianne Mueller and grandparents will chaperone the students.The sixth grade TAG students are: Savannah Daugherty, Peyton Russell, Damian Traxler, Katie George, Brandi Rexroat and Chloe Zintz.The board approved the first resolutions to sell the vacant Cincinnati and Mystic Elementary buildings.The meeting that started at 6:30 p.m. adjourned at 9:35 p.m.