Centerville Nursing and Rehab Center is celebrating National Nursing Home Week May 11-17 with a whole list of activities with the theme of “Living the Aloha Spirit.”
One activity was with Centerville Mayor Jan Spurgeon who on Monday read a proclamation declaring the week of May 11-17 as “Nursing Home Week and adopt the theme of ‘Living the Aloha Spirit’ as our call to everyone to visit or contact their loved ones, friends or neighbors in a skilled nursing or post-acute care center as a way to acknowledge their contributions to society and to lift the spirits of caregivers who value the community’s involvement.”
“Living the Aloha Spirit” shows others love, respect, patience, kindness and good feelings in caring about others.
Centerville Nursing and Rehab next week will be “Living the Aloha Spirit” with leis for everyone that comes to visit, residents and staff members and a week-long beach party corner.
• Monday, May 12 – Beach Ball Toss at 10:30 a.m.; Making Tiki Masks at 2 p.m.
• Tuesday, May 13 – Music with Elvis at 10 a.m.; Aloha Bingo at 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 14 – Making Donuts at 9:45 a.m.; Chicken Dance at 11:45 a.m.; Grill Out Lunch at noon.
• Thursday, May 15 – Homemade Snow Cones at 2 p.m.
• Friday, May 16 – Hawaiian Pizza Lunch at noon; Luau and Hula Hoop contest at 2 p.m.