The Daily Iowegian
---- — Phillip H. Brown, operations manager, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rathbun Lake, Thursday released this lake report.
The current reservoir elevation is 916.51 msl. For reference, 904.0 msl is the normal operating elevation and 926.0 msl uncontrolled releases through spillway.
The current inflow for Chariton and South Fork tributaries combined is 56 cfs. The current water release through outlet is 1,500 cfs, reduced from 2,000 cfs yesterday.
The precipitation recorded today is 0.01”.
The three-day weather outlook or Quantitative Precipitation Forecast is 0.01”.
Downstream gages for the Chariton River at the Moulton gage is 1,690 cfs and Chariton River at the Novinger, Mo. gage is 2,080 cfs.
Brown made the following boat ramp and campground status report.
• The following boat ramps are closed: Island View West, Island View Peninsula, Honey Creek Resort and Rolling Cove.
• Boat ramps that are open: Dedication Site, Honey Creek State Park, Buck Creek Marina, South Fork Marina, Prairie Ridge and Bridgeview.
• Campgrounds are open; minimal site closures.
• Island View Beach is open.
• Buck Creek beach will likely remain closed due to high water for a few more weeks.
• Courtesy docks have been installed.
• Honey Creek Golf Course is open.