The Daily Iowegian
---- — Organizing for Centerville Main Street and Iowa Trust and Savings Bank announced the kick off to Centerville’s Main Street fundraising.
“We’re excited to officially kick off the fundraising drive for Organizing for Main Street with Iowa Trust and Savings Bank’s annual investment of $5,000,” said Main Street fundraising volunteer Nancy Bennett. “We are grateful to all entities and individuals that have pledged so far and look forward to a mutually beneficial partnership with them.”
Organizing for Main Street eagerly anticipates further developments for our proposed Main Street district in tourism, funding and grant opportunities. The proposed district includes the buildings and businesses on the square and one block surrounding the square. The estimated property tax evaluation for the proposed district is well over $9,000,000 and includes more than 200 jobs. Centerville’s Historic Courthouse Square District also falls within the proposed Main Street District.
Organizing for Main Street is working to:
• Create a vision and plan for continuously improving the viability of the Main Street District.
• Increase sales by promoting the Main Street District to visitors and increasing business sales.
• Strengthen the economic base of the Main Street District.
• Enlist business and community support for Main Street Programs.
• Create resources to assist property owners to maintain and upgrade their brick and mortar assets.
Organizing for Main Street has been meeting regularly with the Rathbun Area Chamber of Commerce and Appanoose Economic Development to help avoid duplication of services and to promote ongoing communication. Main Street focuses exclusively on the proposed district while the Chamber and Economic Development focus on the whole county.
Pledges may be mailed to Organizing for Main Street, 307 N. 13th St., Centerville, IA 52544.