The two not expected to increase since FY 2013 are Mental Health, ID & DD down 33.23 percent and Capital Projects down 43.31 percent.
FY 2015 budget total expenditures are estimated to increase by approximately $200,000 from FY 2013.
In other action, board members voted:
• To write a letter of support for the railroad, said Linda Demry, Appanoose County auditor. She said the letter has yet to be written by the board of supervisors.
• To appoint Darcy Whitlow, Robert Pontious and Sandra Vinzant to the Magistrate Appointing Commission.
• To purchase a 100 hour prepay contract with Solutions for services at $103.50 per hour. Demry said Solutions provides software and maintenance for the county’s computers.
• To sign a supplemental agreement for final design services for bridge on highway J5T north of Captain’s Landing. The agreement is with consultants Calhoun-Burns and Associates to do the final design for the bridge, Appanoose County Engineer Gary Bishop said.
• To approve a resolution to hold a public hearing on March 17 at 9:15 a.m. in the Appanoose County Courthouse to consider the sale of property in Cincinnati.
• To approve the Iowa Department of Transportation budget and program for fiscal year 2015. The IDOT secondary road budget for Appanoose County for FY 2015 shows estimated receipts at $4,332,161. Estimated expenses are $3,696,500.
Estimated expenses for FY 2015 include $639,000 for administration and engineering; $25,000 for construction; $1,840,000 for roadway maintenance; and $1,192,500 for general roadway.
Estimated revenues for FY 2015 include $711,215 in property taxes; $101,365 in Local Option Sales and Service Tax; $2,145,106 in regular road use tax; $40,652 (unnamed); $248,170 in Time 21 funds; $95,600 miscellaneous; and $990,053 in the beginning balance.
The secondary road construction program for FY 2015 in Appanoose County shows five proposed projects.
• Amber Hoffman has changed to a full-time naturalist/administrative assistant at $29,900 annually with county benefits retroactive to Jan. l.