APPANOOSE COUNTY —
Centerville School Board
The Centerville School Board will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. at the Administration Building.
Items on the agenda include approval of previous meeting minutes, discuss update on school building safety plan, discuss updates on sale process of Cincinnati and Mystic Elementary schools, approve outdated band instrument bids, approval resignations, transfers and employment contracts, presentation for staff on curriculum, approve board goals and superintendent goals, approve authorization of National Student Council Convention attendance, approve athletic sharing agreement with Wayne Community Schools, approve list of graduating seniors from CHS and ACC, discuss graduation arrangements for ACC and CHS, approve Iowa Communications Network contract renewal, approve John Deere Gator purchase, discuss student enrollment predictions, approve ISCAP supplemental resolution and participation in ISCAP for the 2013-2014 budget year, approval of sports officials contracts, reports for administrators and financial reports.
Rathbun City Council
The Rathbun City Council will meet Wednesday, April 10 at 6 p.m. at Rathbun Community Center.
Items on the agenda include approval of March minutes, approval of financial and LOSST reports, approval of bills paid, new business and schedule a meeting for May.
Appanoose County Service Agency
The Appanoose County Service Agency will meet Thursday, April 11 at 8:30 a.m.
Items on the agenda include approval of March 13 meeting minutes, approval of bills and discussion of other items that come before the Agency.
Mystic City Council
Mystic City Council will meet Thursday, April 11 at 6 p.m. at Mystic City Hall.
Items on the agenda include open letters of interest for vacant council seat and appoint new council and swear in, consider motion to approve agenda, consider motion to approve minutes, consider motion to approve expenses, consider motion to approve street, water, sewer, first responders, fire department, treasurer and cemetery reports, Bob Ingram with Sisson and Associates Insurance, Res. 12-2013 transfer of LOSST funds to sewer and water, demo burn of Montgomery property, public hearing consider vacation of Third street, First reading of Ord. No. 176.1 vacating and authorizing conveyance by auction of Third Street, consider whether or not to waive second and third reading, adopt Res. No. 13-2013 of Ord. No. 176.1, public comments, correspondence, Bob Beck wastewater license and set special council meeting for two-day clerk position.
APPANOOSE COUNTY —
Centerville School Board
- Local News
Fire destroys mobile home
The Centerville Fire Department responded to a call at 900 E. Green St., Lot 4 in Centerville on Friday afternoon at 2:32 p.m.
Woman charged with stealing lottery tickets
Police say a Cincinnati woman stole lottery tickets from the Centerville convenience store she worked at and cashed the winning tickets at three different area convenience stores.
- IHCC to hold Explore Engineering Visit Day OTTUMWA -- Persons interested in pursuing a career in engineering are invited to attend an Explore Engineering Visit Day at Indian Hills Community College on Saturday, March 15. The event will begin with check-in between noon and 1 p.m. in Efner Acad
Appanoose County History
Daniel Boone, living at Femme Osage, Mo., made long expeditions north exploring Iowa’s rivers.
- Resceduled reception for Strong in IHCC Art Gallery Reception rescheduled OTTUMWA -- Wisconsin artist Patricia Strong's art exhibition, titled "Theophanies: How the Soul Appears," continues to be on display at the Indian Hills Community College Art Gallery. Since a public reception for Strong was prev
- STEM Festival to be held at IHCC OTTUMWA -- Hoping to boost student interest and achievement in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, Indian Hills Community College will host a free, family-friendly festival of hands-on STEM activities for fifth-eighth graders and their
- CHS presents spring dinner theater Centerville High School will present the play "Check Please" by Jonathan Rand and directed by Kayleen Durley tonight and Saturday, March 8. The night will include dinner and the play at the high school. Doors will open at 6 p.m. with dinner being ser
- RASWC agenda Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission The Rathbun Area Solid Waste Commission will meet Tuesday, March 11 at 9:30 a.m. at the RASWC Education Center. Items on the agenda include approval of agenda, approval of Feb. 11 meeting minutes, approval of treas
- Director Bieber delivered 2013 annual report By Michael Schaffer Managing Editor Director Bieber delivered 2013 annual report
- Bloomfield Main Street receives accreditation for revitalization Bloomfield Main Street has been designated as an accredited National Main Street Program for meeting the commercial district revitalization performance standards set by the National Main Street Center®, a subsidiary of the National Trust for Historic
- Corps to host public workshop The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers at Rathbun Lake is scheduled to host a workshop on Wednesday, March 19 to present information regarding current water management operations and the influence of recent and anticipated future trends. Officials at the C
- Energy grid investments keep power flowing to Alliant Energy customers CEDAR RAPIDS - Iowans will continue to have power they can count on after more major investments from Alliant Energy. In 2014, crews are adding more than $185 million in improvements to its energy grid in Iowa and Minnesota. "Iowans will see our crew
- Honey Creek hosts spring outdoors woman workshop The popular Iowa Becoming an Outdoors-Woman program is adding a spring workshop and a new location this year. The two-and-a-half-day event will be held at Honey Creek Resort March 28-30. “We are inviting women to welcome spring with some new-found ou
- Board approves FY 2015 budget The Appanoose County Board of Supervisors met in regular session Monday at 9 a.m. in the Boardroom of the Courthouse with all present and voted to approve an amendment to the fiscal year 2014 budget and to approve the proposed fiscal year 2015 budget
- AC history by Enfys McMurry March 6, 1846: Daniel Boone, living at Femme Osage, Mo., made long expeditions north exploring Iowa's rivers. He left his blaze on a tree at Sand Bank Springs on Shoal Creek. His son, Nathan, was in our area in 1832 leading a unit of U.S. cavalry fro
- More Local News Headlines
- Fire destroys mobile home