Ad-Express and Daily Iowegian, Centerville, IA

February 5, 2014

AC history


The Daily Iowegian

---- — AC history

Feb. 5, 1911: On this day, the Burlington Railroad’s new 32x90 foot depot on the Levee opened. (Today: the VFW Post). It received local acclaim with its slate roof and brick platforms extending around the building. Against an interior backdrop of Tiffany brick and dark green “Burlington” woodwork, Mrs. D.C. Bradley served punch. Flower girls handed out 250 carnations. An orchestra played. Members of the Retail Merchants Association greeted members of the public. (164)