For this election, the Daily Iowegian is debuting our new election coverage page. To left you will see a results box for every Appanoose County election occurring today. These results will be updated as votes are tallied and reported to the Appanoose County Auditor's Office. To begin, use the drop down menu to select a race, then click the "Show/Refresh Results" button located to the right of the drop down menu. Each race will show candidates who have registered and the votes they get in each eligible precinct followed by the precent of votes cast. You can manually update vote totals by click the "Show/Refresh Results" button at anytime.
Polls for the November 5, 2013 election will open at 7 a.m. and will be available until 8 p.m. For candidate bios, click here.
Where do I vote?
There are several polling places in Appanoose County. They are listed below. If you are unsure which precinct you should vote at, contact the Appanoose County Auditor's Office at (641) 856-6191 or visit sos.iowa.gov with your zip code and home address for information on where you should vote.
For more information on voting, such as pre-registering or voting absentee, contact the Appanoose County Auditor's Office at the number above or click here to go sos.iowa.gov.
There are 11 polling places in Appanoose County:
- Centerville Ward 1: School Bus Barn at 10th and West Franklin Streets
- Centerville Ward 2: Centerville City Hall on East Maple Street
- Centerville Ward 3: Lakeview School on West Cottage Street
- Cincinnati City Hall on West Pleasant Street
- Exline Community Building on Main Street
- Moravia City Hall at 116 S William St.
- Moulton City Hall on Main Street
- Rathbun and Mystic vote at Mystic City Hall on Main Street in Mystic
- Numa Community Center at 104 East Walnut Street
- Plano Christian Church Fellowship on Second Street
- Udell and Unionville vote at the American Legion Building on Main Street in Unionville, Iowa.
Information for Handicapped Voters
All 11 voting precincts are handicapped accessible. Any voter who is physically unable to enter a polling place has the right to vote in the voter's vehicle. For further information please contact the county auditor's office at (641) 856-6191.
Something not working?
Please report any bugs or glitches incurred while using our new election results system to firstname.lastname@example.org and include computer information such as operating system, browser used, approximate time the error occurred and description of the error.