Today's Democrat Party has morphed into the greatest enemy our nation has ever faced. I realize that many readers will scoff at this comment and that is exactly what worries me the very most.
As a population of potential voters, Americans have became increasingly cynical with the entire political process, and consequently, most have tuned-out of the governmental fray altogether. I do have a difficult time in defending against such disdain. As a political junkie and activist, even I have grown to passionately dislike both Democrats and Republicans.
Today's Democratic Party is made up entirely of folks all too familiar to me. As a young man, for reasons much too complicated to explain in this small space, I was a radical leftist. I worked with honest-to-God Communists and Socialists whose single goal was the complete overthrow of the then-current government. We viewed the Constitution as nothing but a hindrance and wanted to do away with it — completely. We believed that the "common man" was entirely too ignorant to govern himself and that "liberty" was a silly notion not even worthy of consideration.
I eventually grew a brain and begin an active fight against the very people I had once been aligned with. Over the past 40 years I watched these very same folks implant themselves into mainstream society. They had a special yearning for the fields of journalism, education and politics. Today, they call themselves "progressives" and they own the Democrat Party.
With Obama at the helm we see this man who was trained in the world of corrupt Chicago politics engaging in illegal and unconstitutional acts almost daily. And, as absolutely insane as it may sound, getting away with it unencumbered by anyone! The lies this man tells are on-par with Stalin and Hitler in their purpose and intent.
We are headed into a changed America that will be completely unrecognizable at the speed of light. In another four years we will be well down the path to becoming a third-world nation. Broke and powerless we will be at the total mercy of our world-wide enemies with Obama and the Democrats holding the door open for their arrival.
Please, take the time and effort to educate yourselves before the November elections. You're living much more precariously than you could have ever imagined and this is America's last chance for survival.
- Letters to the Editor
- Legalize fireworks? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about a move underway in the Iowa Legislature to lift the ban that made fireworks illegal in Iowa. Lifting the ban would in ess
- America needs a revival Dear Editor, I recently read a book entitled "If 7:14" by Bob VanderPlaats of the conservative Iowa Christian organization "The Family Leader." Mr. VanderPlaats focused his book on the Bible quotation from 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are call
- Community needs 'balanced thinkers' Dear Editor, Feb. 28, 2014, appearing in Daily Iowegian, captioned "Chamber unveils program," featuring an article in which the incoming president of the Chamber of Commerce, Dennis Peters revealed his proclivity for positivity, and intimates that th
- Q&A on the president's budget Q: Will the president's budget be "dead on arrival" when it reaches the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday? A: It appears lawmakers from the president's own political party are set to mark "Do Not Resuscitate" on the proposal before it even crosses the legislat
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowegian! When we returned to the Senate last week floor debate and voting began in earnest. The first funnel ended last Friday and Senators had attended scores of subcommittee and committee meetings in an attempt to get bills moving before
- Social Security goes green on Earth Day and every day For years, Social Security has been at the forefront of offering convenient, easy-to-use, and secure online services. We, along with those we serve, have saved a lot of paper, shipping costs and fuel—and cut back on a lot of carbon exhaust and pollut
- Medicinal marijuana: Is it right for Iowa? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about medicinal marijuana. Is it right for Iowa? Twenty-one states have legalized and regulated medicinal marijuana. But not in
- 'Locked Out! Password Required' My BlackBerry (cellphone) displayed an ominous message, "Locked Out! Password Required." "No big deal, I thought. It's happened before. I'll just power down, and power back up, and it'll be cured." Not. My next fail safe was pulling out the battery a
- Farm bill is an investment in rural America The 2014 Farm Bill, passed by Congress and signed last week by President Obama, strengthens the farm safety net and ensures vital nutrition assistance for hardworking children and families during tough times. It closes loopholes and achieves much-nee
- Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Dear Editor, The Appanoose County Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant Project is funded through a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health. Through the SPF SIG Project, a Community Co
- Outlaw webcam abortions Dear Friends, Last week was very interesting in the Iowa House. We addressed issues relating to abortion and education and less exciting issues like trailer parks. It is effectively emotional and intellectual whiplash. The house voted by a solid majo
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowe gian! Maintaining the integrity of Iowa's voting rights is a responsibility we should all take seriously. Senate Republicans will gladly discuss voting process. Over the years many of us have wanted to have this discussion with the majo
- Clear the issue on nitrates Clear the issue on nitrates Dear Editor, Last Saturday at a public meeting I had the opportunity to speak with Sen. Ken Rozenboom and Rep. Larry Sheets here in Centerville. It was an interesting meeting with lots of topics covered. I asked a question
- It's the green rush and munchies It's easy to imagine an arena full of Phish fans raising and waving their lighters to honor U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder for suggesting the feds might help states that legalize pot by allowing dispensaries to utilize banking services. Way to go,
- Disgusted with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue It disgusts me more every year. I speak of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, which is published the middle of February every year. I'm not the only one disgusted. Other folks, such as those in the American Decency Association, often criticize th
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines