As we proceed through this summer and approach the November election, some things happening must be considered. It seems America has lost her direction. Many are dismayed by government's assault on the moral and religious values that built America. We must wake up before it is too late to save our country.
President Barack Obama apparently despises traditional values and even patriotism. He continues to take action to turn the United States into a secular Socialist country as he consolidates power into his own hands. President Obama is the greatest threat to religious freedom. He is the most Biblical-hostile president of all time. Never before have we seen such an assault on religious liberty and it is now in more peril than any time in our nation's history.
The recent ruling by the Supreme Court that Obamacare is constitutional is a disaster. That ruling approved the largest tax increase ever for us. Those who refer to it as the affordable care act made a grave miscalculation of its cost.
President Obama recently changed our country's policy on illegal immigrants apparently to get their vote.
His philosophy and action on traditional one man, one woman marriage and the family is morally wrong as he promotes homosexuality. Action he has taken has reduced the effectiveness of our military. He is trying to control the minds of children by imposing a national curriculum in schools.
His campaigning for re-election rhetoric may be fooling some people but what he has done and is doing cannot be denied.
America cannot afford another four years of Obama's out of control agenda that has led to large scale unemployment, nearly $5 billion new debt and rapid expansion of the federal government. He must be made a one-term president. This is no time for apathy as Obama is speeding our nation recklessly down the road to certain economic ruin and tyranny. In the current crisis, we must be politically involved. Tuesday, Nov. 6 is the day we exercise one of the greatest privileges as a free people — the opportunity to vote.
While some are not impressed with Mitt Romney, re-electing Obama is frightening. Mitt Romney does endorse traditional one man, one woman marriage and he is very strong pro-life. He is well positioned on the economy.
We must take a definite stand and vote Obama out as we defend faith, family and freedom. A vote for a third party candidate or not voting is really a vote for Obama. We must fulfill our responsibility as we vote to get America back on track. We must be united to save America.
And may God continue to bless America.
- Letters to the Editor
- EMS is not a broken system Dear Editor, Upon the recent publication of the controversial article titled "EMS a Broken System," there has been a renewed awareness of the inner workings of the multifaceted Emergency Medical System as a whole. I believe the article was articulate
- Framers never saw 60 vote super majority In the wake of Senate action last week to restore the Senate practice that nominees receive an up or down vote, there has been a great deal of hyperventilating about whether the rules change is consistent with the intent of the Founders and what it m
- Unfinished business includes the budget blueprint and the farm and food bill During the tugs of war that crop up in Washington during political debates and policymaking, it’s not surprising the act of legislating has often been compared to the art of sausage making. Consider an analogy attributed long ago to George Washington
- Sal Alaniz Jr.: Volunteer extraordinaire Sal's phone rings at 2 a.m. He answers on the second ring. Sal was up anyway, prowling the internet. It's the Mt. Pleasant Fire Department. There's been a rural house fire, a family with three children are homeless. "I'll be right there," Sal respond
- Common Core is a failure Democrats and Republicans can agree on It's not every day that Democrats and Republicans get to shake their fist in the same direction. That honor goes to Education Secretary Arne Duncan whose insult against "white, suburban moms" whose "child isn't as brilliant as they thought they were"
- Thanks ... giving: 2013's hunger strike round-up When Lincoln declared the last Thursday in November to be the federal holiday, Thanksgiving, he invited his fellow citizens to use it as a day of atonement; a day to pray for orphans, widows, mourners and sufferers of what he described as the "lament
- An argument for giving thanks By Susan Stamper Brown In 1863, President Abraham Lincoln called a nation divided by war to join together in a time of corporate thanksgiving and repentance when he proclaimed that Americans "set apart and observe the last Thursday of November next
- Dear Centerville Community School Patron It has been a great fall season to be a Big Red! Over the last 12 weeks our Big Red students and staff have represented our school district well. It is with great pride that I write this letter to the public, and also extend thanks to those who rep
- Thanksgiving? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about Thanksgiving Day and where you might eat that day. I stay at home. I visit friends or family. I go to a restaurant. I vis
- October jobless report; Disney-style fantasy? A Wall Street friend told me he thinks the October Bureau of Labor Statistics report's deceptions are so great Disneyland must have written it. According to the BLS employers' survey, the one you read in your daily newspaper, in October the economy p
- Death of personal freedom Massachusetts Democrat Barry Greenfield is pushing for legislation to allow police to enter your home unannounced, without warrant, and take your guns. Greenfield actually believes it is a "problem" that police don't have the authority to enter peopl
- Twelve children family reunion By Curt Swarm Empty Nest With the norm nowadays being one child (or none) per family, it's unusual, or unheard of, for there to be 12 children in one family. And when they all get together for a family reunion -- watch out! But Felix and Lupe Reyes o
- Assault on ethanol misses its mark By U.S. Sen. Chuck Grassley As its market share dips, Big Oil is doubling down to swat down its perennial piñata. This time around, petroleum producers and food conglomerates are using environmental groups as political cover to gain traction on eff
- Mean parents, or is it just harmless fun? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about the recent request made by Jimmy Kimmel to have parents lie to their children by telling them they had eaten all of their
- Jimmy Kimmel trips and viewers fall In the week following Halloween, Jimmy Kimmel's stunt involving kids and their candy climbed to over 20 million views on YouTube. But public fascination with the gag doesn't change the fact that it is cruel and sadistic. It underscores the worst elem
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines