As we proceed through this summer and approach the November election, some things happening must be considered. It seems America has lost her direction. Many are dismayed by government's assault on the moral and religious values that built America. We must wake up before it is too late to save our country.
President Barack Obama apparently despises traditional values and even patriotism. He continues to take action to turn the United States into a secular Socialist country as he consolidates power into his own hands. President Obama is the greatest threat to religious freedom. He is the most Biblical-hostile president of all time. Never before have we seen such an assault on religious liberty and it is now in more peril than any time in our nation's history.
The recent ruling by the Supreme Court that Obamacare is constitutional is a disaster. That ruling approved the largest tax increase ever for us. Those who refer to it as the affordable care act made a grave miscalculation of its cost.
President Obama recently changed our country's policy on illegal immigrants apparently to get their vote.
His philosophy and action on traditional one man, one woman marriage and the family is morally wrong as he promotes homosexuality. Action he has taken has reduced the effectiveness of our military. He is trying to control the minds of children by imposing a national curriculum in schools.
His campaigning for re-election rhetoric may be fooling some people but what he has done and is doing cannot be denied.
America cannot afford another four years of Obama's out of control agenda that has led to large scale unemployment, nearly $5 billion new debt and rapid expansion of the federal government. He must be made a one-term president. This is no time for apathy as Obama is speeding our nation recklessly down the road to certain economic ruin and tyranny. In the current crisis, we must be politically involved. Tuesday, Nov. 6 is the day we exercise one of the greatest privileges as a free people — the opportunity to vote.
While some are not impressed with Mitt Romney, re-electing Obama is frightening. Mitt Romney does endorse traditional one man, one woman marriage and he is very strong pro-life. He is well positioned on the economy.
We must take a definite stand and vote Obama out as we defend faith, family and freedom. A vote for a third party candidate or not voting is really a vote for Obama. We must fulfill our responsibility as we vote to get America back on track. We must be united to save America.
And may God continue to bless America.
- Letters to the Editor
- Legalize fireworks? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about a move underway in the Iowa Legislature to lift the ban that made fireworks illegal in Iowa. Lifting the ban would in ess
- America needs a revival Dear Editor, I recently read a book entitled "If 7:14" by Bob VanderPlaats of the conservative Iowa Christian organization "The Family Leader." Mr. VanderPlaats focused his book on the Bible quotation from 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are call
- Community needs 'balanced thinkers' Dear Editor, Feb. 28, 2014, appearing in Daily Iowegian, captioned "Chamber unveils program," featuring an article in which the incoming president of the Chamber of Commerce, Dennis Peters revealed his proclivity for positivity, and intimates that th
- Q&A on the president's budget Q: Will the president's budget be "dead on arrival" when it reaches the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday? A: It appears lawmakers from the president's own political party are set to mark "Do Not Resuscitate" on the proposal before it even crosses the legislat
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowegian! When we returned to the Senate last week floor debate and voting began in earnest. The first funnel ended last Friday and Senators had attended scores of subcommittee and committee meetings in an attempt to get bills moving before
- Social Security goes green on Earth Day and every day For years, Social Security has been at the forefront of offering convenient, easy-to-use, and secure online services. We, along with those we serve, have saved a lot of paper, shipping costs and fuel—and cut back on a lot of carbon exhaust and pollut
- Medicinal marijuana: Is it right for Iowa? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about medicinal marijuana. Is it right for Iowa? Twenty-one states have legalized and regulated medicinal marijuana. But not in
- 'Locked Out! Password Required' My BlackBerry (cellphone) displayed an ominous message, "Locked Out! Password Required." "No big deal, I thought. It's happened before. I'll just power down, and power back up, and it'll be cured." Not. My next fail safe was pulling out the battery a
- Farm bill is an investment in rural America The 2014 Farm Bill, passed by Congress and signed last week by President Obama, strengthens the farm safety net and ensures vital nutrition assistance for hardworking children and families during tough times. It closes loopholes and achieves much-nee
- Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Dear Editor, The Appanoose County Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant Project is funded through a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health. Through the SPF SIG Project, a Community Co
- Outlaw webcam abortions Dear Friends, Last week was very interesting in the Iowa House. We addressed issues relating to abortion and education and less exciting issues like trailer parks. It is effectively emotional and intellectual whiplash. The house voted by a solid majo
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowe gian! Maintaining the integrity of Iowa's voting rights is a responsibility we should all take seriously. Senate Republicans will gladly discuss voting process. Over the years many of us have wanted to have this discussion with the majo
- Clear the issue on nitrates Clear the issue on nitrates Dear Editor, Last Saturday at a public meeting I had the opportunity to speak with Sen. Ken Rozenboom and Rep. Larry Sheets here in Centerville. It was an interesting meeting with lots of topics covered. I asked a question
- It's the green rush and munchies It's easy to imagine an arena full of Phish fans raising and waving their lighters to honor U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder for suggesting the feds might help states that legalize pot by allowing dispensaries to utilize banking services. Way to go,
- Disgusted with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue It disgusts me more every year. I speak of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, which is published the middle of February every year. I'm not the only one disgusted. Other folks, such as those in the American Decency Association, often criticize th
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines