"I love you!"
These three tiny little words are jammed packed with real meaning. When uttered during times of passion, they reveal true feelings that the orator may have wished to have kept hidden.
"You didn't build that!"
These are four little words — also loaded with real meaning — that Obama spoke almost a month ago. During an impassioned campaign speech, Obama went off his old reliable teleprompter and told the world that owners of all businesses weren't nearly as smart as they thought they were and that they really didn't work all that hard and that without big government's help they'd be nothing.
Those four little words have set off a firestorm of huge proportions. Business owners from all political stripes are furious — and the anger is now mounting daily. As a former entrepreneur and business owner I found myself dangerously close to taking a shotgun to a nearly new 52" plasma TV upon first viewing this now infamous speech.
"You didn't build that!" reveals Obama and today's new Democrat Party for just who they really are! Hellbent for complete and total control of all commerce. These Socialist/Communist folks hunger for absolute power over what they see as a truly evil American way of life. They are doing everything possible to generate class warfare (us against those evil "rich" people). They work daily on passing insane government regulations designed to purposefully bankrupt smaller businesses and, at the same time, make their huge corporate supporters even stronger. They work tirelessly to increase taxes on the "rich" — all in the name of "social justice" (a term first coined by their hero Karl Marx).
Obama is totally aware of his "you didn't build that!" slip-up and is now poh-pooing it as "being taken out of context."
I invite you to watch the entire speech and smile at his lame explanation. During his entire life Obama has held only one real job. It was for just one short year and during that year he made many comments to friends that he was "working for the enemy." He absolutely despised the fact that he was working for someone who actually had the motive of making a simple profit.
If you're someone who still believes that America is the greatest nation on our planet you can translate Obama's "you didn't build that!" comment into "I hate you!"
- Letters to the Editor
- Legalize fireworks? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about a move underway in the Iowa Legislature to lift the ban that made fireworks illegal in Iowa. Lifting the ban would in ess
- America needs a revival Dear Editor, I recently read a book entitled "If 7:14" by Bob VanderPlaats of the conservative Iowa Christian organization "The Family Leader." Mr. VanderPlaats focused his book on the Bible quotation from 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people who are call
- Community needs 'balanced thinkers' Dear Editor, Feb. 28, 2014, appearing in Daily Iowegian, captioned "Chamber unveils program," featuring an article in which the incoming president of the Chamber of Commerce, Dennis Peters revealed his proclivity for positivity, and intimates that th
- Q&A on the president's budget Q: Will the president's budget be "dead on arrival" when it reaches the U.S. Capitol on Tuesday? A: It appears lawmakers from the president's own political party are set to mark "Do Not Resuscitate" on the proposal before it even crosses the legislat
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowegian! When we returned to the Senate last week floor debate and voting began in earnest. The first funnel ended last Friday and Senators had attended scores of subcommittee and committee meetings in an attempt to get bills moving before
- Social Security goes green on Earth Day and every day For years, Social Security has been at the forefront of offering convenient, easy-to-use, and secure online services. We, along with those we serve, have saved a lot of paper, shipping costs and fuel—and cut back on a lot of carbon exhaust and pollut
- Medicinal marijuana: Is it right for Iowa? The Daily Iowegian will publish an Editorial Question of the Week on the Opinion page. The Iowegian wants readers to think about medicinal marijuana. Is it right for Iowa? Twenty-one states have legalized and regulated medicinal marijuana. But not in
- 'Locked Out! Password Required' My BlackBerry (cellphone) displayed an ominous message, "Locked Out! Password Required." "No big deal, I thought. It's happened before. I'll just power down, and power back up, and it'll be cured." Not. My next fail safe was pulling out the battery a
- Farm bill is an investment in rural America The 2014 Farm Bill, passed by Congress and signed last week by President Obama, strengthens the farm safety net and ensures vital nutrition assistance for hardworking children and families during tough times. It closes loopholes and achieves much-nee
- Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Appanoose County SPF SIG project successes Dear Editor, The Appanoose County Strategic Prevention Framework State Incentive Grant Project is funded through a grant from the Iowa Department of Public Health. Through the SPF SIG Project, a Community Co
- Outlaw webcam abortions Dear Friends, Last week was very interesting in the Iowa House. We addressed issues relating to abortion and education and less exciting issues like trailer parks. It is effectively emotional and intellectual whiplash. The house voted by a solid majo
- State Sen. Ken Rozenboom Newsletter Hi Daily Iowe gian! Maintaining the integrity of Iowa's voting rights is a responsibility we should all take seriously. Senate Republicans will gladly discuss voting process. Over the years many of us have wanted to have this discussion with the majo
- Clear the issue on nitrates Clear the issue on nitrates Dear Editor, Last Saturday at a public meeting I had the opportunity to speak with Sen. Ken Rozenboom and Rep. Larry Sheets here in Centerville. It was an interesting meeting with lots of topics covered. I asked a question
- It's the green rush and munchies It's easy to imagine an arena full of Phish fans raising and waving their lighters to honor U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder for suggesting the feds might help states that legalize pot by allowing dispensaries to utilize banking services. Way to go,
- Disgusted with the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue It disgusts me more every year. I speak of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue, which is published the middle of February every year. I'm not the only one disgusted. Other folks, such as those in the American Decency Association, often criticize th
- More Letters to the Editor Headlines