The office was located over D.M. Breazeale’s store on the south side of the square, near Henry Goss’s shoe store. The material consisted of a Washington hand press, a Golding jobber and such other paraphernalia as would go with such an outfit. Vrooman paid $1,500 all told for the material, which was all new and bought in St. Louis. The office, composing room and warehouse were in the second story. In 1884 it became a republican paper, but never forsook the principles and tenets which gave it birth, “The Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man.
With this week’s article ending in the mid 1880s, the Citizen, the Journal and the fledgling Iowegian were competing for the subscribers’ dollars. In next week’s article, the Iowegian will emerge triumphant.