CENTERVILLE — Russ McGee, on behalf of Iowa Trust and Savings Bank, presents a $3,000 check to Jennifer Appler, director of Chariton Valley Regional Housing Trust Fund. Chariton Valley Regional Housing Trust Fund provides safe and affordable housing to low and moderate income residents located in Appanoose, Lucas, Monroe and Wayne counties in Iowa. Their purpose is to improve housing by providing grants or loans for home improvements, repairs, or removal of blighted materials (demolition). Chariton Valley Regional Housing Trust Fund Appanoose County board members present: From left are Tod Faris, Carl Cisler, Appler, McGee and George Johnson.
- Your Square Deal expands A well-known Centerville business has changed its name, expanded its line of products, increased its showroom space and survived a fire. And on Saturday they held a grand opening to celebrate while participating in the Holiday Sampler Open House. You
IMA to honor Community 1st Credit Union mortgage originator
Community 1st Mortgage Originator Rick Comer has been named by the IMA to the Winner’s Circle for his efforts as a home loan originator.
Moratorium on utility disconnects ends for this season
Interstate Power and Light Company, an Alliant Energy company, encourages Iowa customers who are not current on their utility bills to take action now.
Fareway named 2013 national top workplace
Fareway Stores, Inc. has been named one of America's Top Workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics. Fareway was ranked No. 110 nationwide among organizations with more than 1,000 employees that participated in regional top workplaces programs.
50 years in business
On Sunday, March 17, Joe's Quick Shop in Centerville celebrated 50 years in business.
Iowa Trust and Savings Bank donates to CVRHTF
Iowa Trust and Savings Bank, presents a $3,000 check to Jennifer Appler, middle, director of Chariton Valley Regional Housing Trust Fund.
Appanoose Economic Development Corporation report for February 2013 by Tod Faris, executive director
Tod Faris issued this update of activities for February.
Hall joins Mercy Home Care and Hospice as new director
Mercy Home Care and Hospice has been providing excellence in care in the community since 1994.
Ambassadors visit Centerville Cleaners
The Centerville-Rathbun Lake Area Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors visited Centerville Cleaners after the business' recent relocation.
- Norris Asphalt, Ottumwa, national asphalt paving award finalist
- DNR to hold listening session on fall hunting and trapping regulations
- Nurse practitioners join Wayne County Hospital medical staff
- Hillphoenix, Inc. awards $15,000 to Van Buren County Hospital's Community Service Center
Centerville Fareway has a new grocery manager
Doug Cosgrove, right, Centerville Fareway grocery manager for 13 years, hands the keys to the store to the new grocery manager, Keith Voss.
- Mediacom doubles its broadband speeds; 105-meg Internet available throughout southeast Iowa
- More Business Headlines