- Centerville volunteers at Iowa State Fair The Centerville FFA Chapter volunteered at Little Hands on the Farm on Aug. 9 at the Paul R. Knapp Animal Learning Center at the Iowa State Fair. Little Hands on the Farm teaches children in a fun way with a hands-on exhibit that shows importance of
- Local Iowa farmers, families recognized ANKENY — Iowa soybean farmers were well represented today at the second annual Iowa Farm Environmental Leader Award ceremony at the Iowa State Fair. Sixty-two Iowa farmers and farm families — more than two-thirds were Iowa Soybean Association member
- Funds for water quality practices DES MOINES - Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey announced today that cost share funds are available to help farmers install nutrient reduction practices. The initial practices that are prioritized for funding this fall are cover crops, no-til
- The 2013 Soil and Water Conservation poster winners The 2013 Soil and Water Conservation poster contest was held at the Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation Office. This year's theme was "Where Does Your Water Shed." Students from Seymour Community Schools participated and the winners in Divis
- Centerville FFA receives $700 grant Centerville FFA received a $700 "Working Here Fund" grant to support its "Aggies are Readers" program this fall. The grant is provided through Farm Credit Services of America's "Working Here Fund." The grant will enable a classroom set of two book ti
- SWCD scholarship winners The Appanoose County Soil and Water Conservation District commissioners awarded a total of five, $500 scholarships for the 2013-2014 school year. The students are Mandalyn Martin, Kalen Martsching, Kyle Neher, Madison Probasco and Shelby Thamke.
- McMurry is guest speaker Enfys McMurry, of Corydon, born in Wales, a well-known local educator, historian, author and public speaker, was the guest speaker at the 2013 Appanoose County Farm Bureau annual meeting attended by 85 people July 30 at the Faith United Methodist Chu
- 4-H culinary challenge 4-H culinary challenge AMES - The burners are running on high as teams are announced for the 2013 Cook This! Culinary Challenge. Twenty-eight teams from across the state will compete at three age levels (junior, intermediate and senior) to show that
- IFB members visit Chicago Board of Trade WEST DES MOINES - A group of 50 Iowa Farm Bureau members left their fields this week and visited the trading floor as they traveled to the Windy City on an Iowa Farm Bureau Federation-sponsored marketer's trip to view in person the trading of the com
Centerville FFA students attend judging clinic
Veterinary doctor Doug Anderson from Davenport gives a demonstration on horse tooth health and how to properly use a float on a horse.
Centerville FFA attends V-Smart camp
Centerville FFA members attended the V-Smart (Veterinary Student Mixed Animal Recruitment) Vet Camp on Saturday, April 6 in Ames at the ISU Vet College.
Iowans invited to enter Iowa agriculture art contest
Iowa artists of all ages are invited to participate in the second annual “Celebration of Iowa: Agricultural Art Award.”
Farm Bureau members meet officials in Washington
Fifty Iowa Farm Bureau leaders visited Capitol Hill and their elected officials during the annual national policy trip March 18-21 to discuss key farm issues, including continuing work on a long-term Farm Bill with strong crop insurance provisions.
Indoor farmers market
Indoor farmers market March 23 in Albia at the Methodist Church Family Life Center, 11 Benton Ave. This is a one time event that is free and open to the public from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This market features 45 different local producers and educational displays.
- Exline Rambler 4-H Club news
- More Agriculture Headlines