- 4-H culinary challenge 4-H culinary challenge AMES - The burners are running on high as teams are announced for the 2013 Cook This! Culinary Challenge. Twenty-eight teams from across the state will compete at three age levels (junior, intermediate and senior) to show that
- IFB members visit Chicago Board of Trade WEST DES MOINES - A group of 50 Iowa Farm Bureau members left their fields this week and visited the trading floor as they traveled to the Windy City on an Iowa Farm Bureau Federation-sponsored marketer's trip to view in person the trading of the com
Centerville FFA students attend judging clinic
Veterinary doctor Doug Anderson from Davenport gives a demonstration on horse tooth health and how to properly use a float on a horse.
Centerville FFA attends V-Smart camp
Centerville FFA members attended the V-Smart (Veterinary Student Mixed Animal Recruitment) Vet Camp on Saturday, April 6 in Ames at the ISU Vet College.
Iowans invited to enter Iowa agriculture art contest
Iowa artists of all ages are invited to participate in the second annual “Celebration of Iowa: Agricultural Art Award.”
Farm Bureau members meet officials in Washington
Fifty Iowa Farm Bureau leaders visited Capitol Hill and their elected officials during the annual national policy trip March 18-21 to discuss key farm issues, including continuing work on a long-term Farm Bill with strong crop insurance provisions.
Indoor farmers market
Indoor farmers market March 23 in Albia at the Methodist Church Family Life Center, 11 Benton Ave. This is a one time event that is free and open to the public from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. This market features 45 different local producers and educational displays.
- Exline Rambler 4-H Club news
Centerville students attend District FFA Convention in Earlham
Centerville students attended the District FFA Convention in Earlham on Saturday, March 9.
IHCC Ag Club recipient of $5,000
Roger Wells, of Plano, has been selected as a winner in "America's Farmers Grow Communities," sponsored by the Monsanto Fund.
Landowners and operators with CRP land are invited to attend an information/training session on CRP Mid Contract Management on Thursday, March 21 from 9-10:30 a.m.
CTI holds Customer Appreciation Day
Centerville Tractor Implement held Customer Appreciation Day Wednesday, Feb. 27 to talk about some of the new technology and systems offered to farmers for 2013.
Bull selection clinics will help in decision making process
Cattle producers looking for their new herd bull at upcoming bull sales can use some simple tools to make a good selection.
Centerville FFA competes in sub-district at Wayne school
Members from the Centerville FFA chapter competed in the sub-district contests at Wayne Community High School on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
- Appanoose County Farm Bureau celebrates Food Check-Out Week
- More Agriculture Headlines